Can't login to Admin Joomla 1.5.26 from my home IP address

General questions relating to Joomla! 1.5 There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
squirrel50
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Can't login to Admin Joomla 1.5.26 from my home IP address

Post by squirrel50 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:21 pm

Hello. I have a Joomla site version 1.5.26. I am having trouble logging in as the administrator from the back end at my home only. I can log in on other computers (work, friend's home, smart phone) so I know the password and username are correct. But when I try to log in from home, I receive a message that reads "Username and Password do not match." I have tried different browsers: EI, Firefox, Chrome. I have tried turning off my security system and lowering privacy settings. I have tried a Mac and a PC. Nothing works. The only thing the computers in my home share in common are the IP address. They are all different makes and styles (laptop, desktop..) and have different security programs. I am at a loss as to what to do. I contacted my web host, Hostgator, and they had no suggestions. Can anyone help? Thank you.

itoctopus
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: Can't login to Admin Joomla 1.5.26 from my home IP addre

Post by itoctopus » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:05 pm

It's possible that you're using a 3rd party extension (Admin Tools?) that has blocked your IP from accessing the backend. Check your installed extensions and try to find which one is the culprit. It is typically a (system) plugin.
http://www.itoctopus.com - Joomla consulting at its finest
https://twitter.com/itoctopus - Follow us on Twitter

squirrel50
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by squirrel50 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:16 pm

Thank you itoctopus! I will check that and see if it works!

squirrel50
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by squirrel50 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:34 pm

Unfortunately, the mystery continues...I checked with gentleman who built my site but he said that I don't have any third-party or additional plugins on the site that would cause a problem. He thinks there is something in my joomla database blocking my ip. He's not sure what. He'll keep investigating...

Please share any other suggestions you may have.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 1.5”