Migrating and updating joomla 1.5 to 2.5

General questions relating to Joomla! 1.5 There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
Shivika
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Migrating and updating joomla 1.5 to 2.5

Post by Shivika » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:43 pm

Hi!

I'm using joomla 1.5 and i updated it to 2.5.8 but after updating I'm getting following error on admin login even I created publish_up column in #__modules table:

Error loading module Unknown column 'm.publish_up' in 'where clause' SQL=SELECT m.id, m.title, m.module, m.position, m.content, m.showtitle, m.params, mm.menuid FROM sikk_modules AS m LEFT JOIN sikk_modules_menu AS mm ON mm.moduleid = m.id LEFT JOIN sikk_extensions AS e ON e.element = m.module AND e.client_id = m.client_id WHERE m.published = 1 AND e.enabled = 1 AND (m.publish_up = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR m.publish_up <= '2014-12-26 12:26:05') AND (m.publish_down = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR m.publish_down >= '2014-12-26 12:26:05') AND m.access IN (1) AND m.client_id = 1 AND (mm.menuid = 0 OR mm.menuid <= 0) ORDER BY m.position, m.ordering.

Before I was getting

LIB_APPLICATION_ERROR_COMPONENT_NOT_LOADING
JLIB_APPLICATION_ERROR_COMPONENT_NOT_LOADING
Table 'banesikk_test.sikk_extensions' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT folder AS type, element AS name, params FROM sikk_extensions WHERE enabled >= 1 AND type ='plugin' AND state >= 0 AND access IN (1) ORDER BY ordering
Table 'banesikk_test.sikk_extensions' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT folder AS type, element AS name, params FROM sikk_extensions WHERE enabled >= 1 AND type ='plugin' AND state >= 0 AND access IN (1) ORDER BY ordering
Error loading component: com_login, 1
Error loading module Table 'banesikk_test.sikk_extensions' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT m.id, m.title, m.module, m.position, m.content, m.showtitle, m.params, mm.menuid FROM sikk_modules AS m LEFT JOIN sikk_modules_menu AS mm ON mm.moduleid = m.id LEFT JOIN sikk_extensions AS e ON e.element = m.module AND e.client_id = m.client_id WHERE m.published = 1 AND e.enabled = 1 AND (m.publish_up = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR m.publish_up <= '2014-12-26 09:13:25') AND (m.publish_down = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR m.publish_down >= '2014-12-26 09:13:25') AND m.access IN (1) AND m.client_id = 1 AND (mm.menuid = 0 OR mm.menuid <= 0) ORDER BY m.position, m.ordering

To remove this error I created #__extension table in phpmyadmin.
And when i visit to front-end of my site its showing a blank page. But now I'm getting " #1054 - Unknown column 'm.publish_up' in 'where clause'".

Actually, I wanted to update my joomla 1.5.26 to joomla 3.x (updating step by step 1.5.26 to 2.5.8 and then 2.5.8 to 3.x)

Can anybody help me to get rid of this error. Any help will be appreciated :( .

Thanks and reply soon.

ozneilau
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Migrating and updating joomla 1.5 to 2.5

Post by ozneilau » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:08 am

There is no easy update from Joomla 1.5. Ideally use a migration tool such as can be found at: http://extensions.joomla.org/category/m ... -migration

I like SP Upgrade because it migrates core content and some third party extensions too. It can also migrate directly from Joomla 1.5 to 3.x.

Shivika
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Shivika » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:19 am

I've checked all these components. All of those seems useful but,..are paid. Is there any free and equally useful component available?

ozneilau
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by ozneilau » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:08 am

Shivika wrote:I've checked all these components. All of those seems useful but,..are paid. Is there any free and equally useful component available?
J2XML is free and works well for migrating articles, users and weblinks. J2XML can also preserve the UserIDs which is important e.g. if you want migrated articles, forum posts etc attributed to the correct users.

J2XML: http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... port/j2xml

Another popular free tool was jUpgrade which evolved into the free version of redMigrator but I always seem to have more success with SP Upgrade.

Sometimes it makes sense to spend money to save time and for me this is one of those times.

Shivika
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Shivika » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:12 am

I've already tried this. This is not working for me either.

Shivika
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Shivika » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:15 am

N I've jUpgrade installed in my admin. But thats throwing "Parsing XML Document Failed: Not an update definition file!"

ozneilau
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by ozneilau » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:01 am

Shivika wrote:I've already tried this. This is not working for me either.
Shivika wrote:N I've jUpgrade installed in my admin. But thats throwing "Parsing XML Document Failed: Not an update definition file!"
That leaves J2XML if you haven't tried that already.

If that's not suitable, then I recommend a paid solution.

Jessi_Alien
I've been banned!

Post by Jessi_Alien » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:03 am

Shivika wrote:Hi!

I'm using joomla 1.5 and i updated it to 2.5.8 but after updating I'm getting following error on admin login even I created publish_up column in #__modules table:

Error loading module Unknown column 'm.publish_up' in 'where clause' SQL=SELECT m.id, m.title, m.module, m.position, m.content, m.showtitle, m.params, mm.menuid FROM sikk_modules AS m LEFT JOIN sikk_modules_menu AS mm ON mm.moduleid = m.id LEFT JOIN sikk_extensions AS e ON e.element = m.module AND e.client_id = m.client_id WHERE m.published = 1 AND e.enabled = 1 AND (m.publish_up = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR m.publish_up <= '2014-12-26 12:26:05') AND (m.publish_down = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR m.publish_down >= '2014-12-26 12:26:05') AND m.access IN (1) AND m.client_id = 1 AND (mm.menuid = 0 OR mm.menuid <= 0) ORDER BY m.position, m.ordering.

Before I was getting

LIB_APPLICATION_ERROR_COMPONENT_NOT_LOADING
JLIB_APPLICATION_ERROR_COMPONENT_NOT_LOADING
Error loading component: com_login, 1
Error loading module Table 'banesikk_test.sikk_extensions' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT m.id, m.title, m.module, m.position, m.content, m.showtitle, m.params, mm.menuid FROM sikk_modules AS m LEFT JOIN sikk_modules_menu AS mm ON mm.moduleid = m.id LEFT JOIN sikk_extensions AS e ON e.element = m.module AND e.client_id = m.client_id WHERE m.published = 1 AND e.enabled = 1 AND (m.publish_up = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR m.publish_up <= '2014-12-26 09:13:25') AND (m.publish_down = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR m.publish_down >= '2014-12-26 09:13:25') AND m.access IN (1) AND m.client_id = 1 AND (mm.menuid = 0 OR mm.menuid <= 0) ORDER BY m.position, m.ordering

To remove this error I created #__extension table in phpmyadmin.
And when i visit to front-end of my site its showing a blank page. But now I'm getting " #1054 - Unknown column 'm.publish_up' in 'where clause'".

Actually, I wanted to update my joomla 1.5.26 to joomla 3.x (updating step by step 1.5.26 to 2.5.8 and then 2.5.8 to 3.x)

Can anybody help me to get rid of this error. Any help will be appreciated :( .

Thanks and reply soon.
I was really dizzy when I saw this

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by dpacadmin » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:07 pm

@Shivika
In you original post you said you migrated your site and got an error but you didn't say what you started with, where you did the migration(local server Host server) or what prosess you used to do the migration. There are instructions here for migrating a Joomla 1.5 site.

If you want a free extension for the migration your choices are limited, I have used redMigrator in the past, it can be buggy but it does work. If you install a clean Joomla 2.5 or 3 site in a subfolder on your live server you can just install the Joomla 2.5/3 component in the new install and it will pull the data from your old site's database. Backup your old site's database first in case you need to restore it.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 1.5”