Infinite loop detected in JError [PHP version Solution]

General questions relating to Joomla! 1.5 There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
amorset
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Infinite loop detected in JError [PHP version Solution]

Post by amorset » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:35 pm

Hi,

I moved a Joomla 1.7 installation and database to a new server and got an 'Infinite loop detected in JError' error message.

There are a lot of posts regarding this.
None of the answers I found solved the issue and mostly focused on the configuration.php file.

The solution I found was that the PHP version on the new server was incompatible with Joomla 1.7.
In cPanel servers the PHP version setting is accessed through the MultiPHP Manager.
In my case the server PHP version had been set to PHP 7.1
By setting this to PHP 5.4 for the domain - the error resolved itself and the website came back online.

I wanted to added this comment to one of the other topic posts on this issue, as a help to anyone else encountering it, but they are all closed.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Infinite loop detected in JError [PHP version Solution]

Post by toivo » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:49 pm

Thanks for the update. Many sites encounter this issue if they have not been migrated to a supported version of Joomla when the host upgrades the environment to PHP 7+. Some hosts offer MultiPHP Manager but some don't.

BTW, Topics are automatically closed if they have not had any activity for two years.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 1.5”