I cant find the install page.

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
berlin135
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

I cant find the install page.

Post by berlin135 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:39 pm

I upload all the file via ftp and when I pull it  up to install I get this message:

PLEASE REMEMBER TO COMPLETELY
REMOVE THE INSTALLATION DIRECTORY
You will not be able to proceed beyond this point until the installation directory is removed. This is a security feature of Joomla!.

I had no problem with the early version Joomla 1.5 rc1 
does anybody know what can be done. I'm new to the Joomla, but with the other one I had no problem at all.

redx
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: I cant find the install page.

Post by redx » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:29 am

Hi,

Have you removed all the files that relate to the previous version of Joomla you were using?

regards

Redx
What you see is not always real.

Tonie
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Tonie » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:23 am

In the files you uploaded, there's a /installation directory. This has to be removed, and is the same procedure as currently for Joomla! 1.0.x.

berlin135
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by berlin135 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:09 am

Thanks I never got to install. I had to change my config. php to old and I was able to install now. but now I cant  install anything at all.  so I think I should just scrap this version and go back to joomla rc1. Atleast, I know it works This one has to much problem.

redx
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by redx » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:06 am

Hi,

I have installed Joomla rc2 and rc1 and never had a problem. I don't use an ftp client.
In cpanel you and upload the Joomla zip file and extract the files, I believe this is the easiest way.

regards

Redx
What you see is not always real.

goldenheart
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by goldenheart » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:39 pm

well, I was having same problem. I renamed the configuration.php file located in the Joomla root installation to configuration_dist.php and the install process went on smoothly.
Try this. By the way, I've installed RC3
I love Joomla! I love Joomlians!

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by humvee » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:38 pm

Would suggest you check out the Installation Manual for guidance on these issues and also ensure you use the latest nightly build.

Andy

ViperMaul
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ViperMaul » Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:37 pm

I have a similiar problem but with no error message at with RC3. And I have configuration_dist.php.
I will try the nightly build. I am hoping for a working GUI setup instead of the manual one.

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by humvee » Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:55 pm

what is configuration_dist.php? I am assuming just a typo :) If not then you are doing something wrong :( this is not a valid filename for the installation/joomla function process.

Please follow the steps in the Installation Manual. You do not need to manually create a configuration.php or touch configuration.php-dist until and unless there is a problem with the automatic writing to the configuration.php file during Web Browser Installation. Even then by following the steps in the Installer and the notes in the Manual should see you right. Please ensure you are using the Nightly Build as referenced elsewhere.
Only if that then all fails do you need to consider doing a Manual Installation.

Andy

ViperMaul
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ViperMaul » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:41 pm

Hello Andy,

Thanks for the fast reply. Yes it was a typo. Sorry I was in a hurry. I won't do that to you next time.

But I did follow the GUI instructions and when I click http://www.emi-resourcecenter.com/joomla it took me to http://www.emi-resourcecenter.com/jooml ... /index.php but the page was blank in both IE6 and FF.

Its a Windows server running IIS and I believe the client told me this is on a GoDaddy hosted server.

I would like some guidance to get the GUI version to work.
The manual install doesn't look so tough but I want to learn the GUI version as this is my first time.

I will switch from Joomla-1.5RC3.zip to the nightly build.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:
Website Updated So you can see the same blank page that I get in your own browsers.
Last edited by ViperMaul on Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by humvee » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:59 pm

There could be a number of reasons - I would say from the outset that I am not a IIS user!
1.There have been a number of issues with GoDaddy regarding PHP settings & versioning - primarily (possibly solely) on Linux Apache PHP MySQL systems these are well documented and most if not all have been resolved. See this and the General forum for details.
2. There have been reported issues with User Permissions on Windows IIS servers and MySQL there are a number of docs  stickied at the top of this forum relating to IIS.
3. There may be problems with the FTP upload of the package to the sever. Try an alternate FTP client.
4. Another option might be to just create a completely empty file call it configuration.php and add this to the joomla_root directory that might trick the system into action.
5. You don't mention whether this is shared hosting or a dedicated server and can you confirm the PHP, MySQL versions.

should be enough for now

Andy

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by humvee » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:14 am

Further question are they per chance using CPanel if it is a dedicated server what is the path to the joomla_root/ directory

ViperMaul
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ViperMaul » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:33 pm

Sorry for the late reply. Thankgiving Holiday in the US hit and I was out of town.
It turned out that it was not a dedicated server at GoDaddy.
And I ran out of time so I did a manual install.
Ran into other problems and switched to linux server to get done what I needed.
I cannot say the problems were with Joomla because I decided not to trouble shoot them due to lack of time.
I will be going back to IIS soon as I need to learn how to get Joomla 1.5 working for my IIS clients.

Thanks for your help and feedback. Sorry I was late answering your question.

Return to “Installation 1.5”