Installation was smooth, But.....

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
parkerj
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Installation was smooth, But.....

Post by parkerj » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:36 am

Database Version: 5.0.24a-standard-log
PHP Version: 5.2.3
Web Server: Apache/2.0.61 (Unix)

I have installed Joomla 1.5 and it went smooth and quickly.  However, I can't install templates, components, or plugins.  I tried it with FTP enabled and FTP disabled and no luck.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

(Note: Sorry, I just realized I posted in the wrong place.  Can someone please move my post to the appropriate forum?  Thank you)
Last edited by parkerj on Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

rylindsay
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Installation was smooth, But.....

Post by rylindsay » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:16 pm

Ditto.  Please post a hint if you have figured it out.

joomwookie
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by joomwookie » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:03 am

you cant install probably because your ftp is not setup in the global configuration... or your files are not chmoded correctly... Check the global config first.

Ryan.

rylindsay
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by rylindsay » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:46 pm

Thanks. I have godaddy shared linux economy hosting and had to change the language setting for the site.  6 hours of hair pulling and all I had to do was click on PHP 5.x!  It took about an hour to make the change, but no problems now.  :)

parkerj
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by parkerj » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:51 pm

Thanks for the replies but the issue was not with my installation but with my browser.  When using Safari, It does not show errors or lets my install even though popup blocker is disabled.  It works on firefox and opera on my Mac but sometimes it does not work with firefox on a PC.

Return to “Installation 1.5”