Rollback Joomla 1.5

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
TerrySue62
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Rollback Joomla 1.5

Post by TerrySue62 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:15 pm

Hi,

I seem to be having a slight annoying problem with my Joomla! 1.5 installation. I installed 1.5 on my hosting server(linux) with no issues at all, however, I thought it would be a great idea not to install the sample data.

Once all was up and running, I realised it was a mistake as the amount of time to manaully install the modules etc. was ludicrous. I made a decision to reinstall the whole application.

First thing I did was copy the 'installation" folder back...quickly realising that the MySQL DB would still be creating a link somewhere...so I deleted that and recreated a new DB. I had some garbled SQL message error.

Next I tried to overwrite ALL of the Joomla 1.5 files to the directory...still nothing however, I did loose the error but now its at the screen where it tells me to remove the "installation" folder ie. the end of the setup.

So after none of this worked on an incredibly slow connection, I then deleted ALL the old files and have reinstalled all files to my htdocs folder. I am still getting that blasted screen about deleting the "installation" folder...despite the old database which it was setup to being deleted??

Can anyone help me with why this is doing this and answering where the connection is between the non-existent DB and the 'new' install?

user deleted

Re: Rollback Joomla 1.5

Post by user deleted » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:18 pm

Hi,

Did you also delete the configuration.php file?

TerrySue62
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by TerrySue62 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:34 pm

You are a genius! I didnt delete it! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.
Feel like an ar$e! ;)

Album Creative
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Album Creative » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:05 pm

I'm having the same problem. I have deleted the config file and re-upped it from a new file. I also deleted the htaccess file and re-upped.

Please help!

Album Creative
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Album Creative » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:09 pm

By the way, I only had gone through a couple of steps of the install before accidentally closing the window.

user deleted

Post by user deleted » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:04 am

Just make sure there is NO config file, and you have an empty database, that should work.

Album Creative
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Album Creative » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:28 pm

There is no configuration file needed for installation?

user deleted

Post by user deleted » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:49 pm

Nope, it's added during the last step of the install.

Album Creative
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Album Creative » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:01 pm

Great! Thanks.

I got that, but now I get to the parts where you give FTP settings and install sample files. Iget the following error:

Error: the XML response that was returned from the server is invalid.

Is there a way to do this that doesn't require Terminal or Command line. I'm a designer, so that stuff just makes mer pull my hair out.

Thanks,

Robert

user deleted

Post by user deleted » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:10 pm

I've seen the error being reported a few times earlier, but no idea what it is. If you have another browser available, try that.

Album Creative
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Album Creative » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:55 pm

I tried Safari and Firefox with the same result.

Return to “Installation 1.5”