User Manager is Empty

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
jhadow
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

User Manager is Empty

Post by jhadow » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:26 am

Problem Description:
User Manager only shows up 1 user (me as the super admin), but has 30 pages. MySQL db has over 600 entries. I don't understand why I can't see them. Also users other than myself cannot log-on to the site. When I check some of the users that I know are there (and are on the forums) I get an error. Notice that the user group is empty which is why they won't work on the other end I suppose.

Log/Error Message:
[quote]
* You do not have access to this page! Your usergroup is:. As a minimum you should be a member of:USERS
* Username and password do not match or you do not have an account yet.
[/quote]
[quote] Performing the JFusion User function
- JFusion integration enabled
- found a user in the lookup table the info:1
- the user already exist in the Joomla database with userid: 64
-The Joomla usergroup for this user is: [/quote]
Actions Taken To Resolve:
checked status of mysql db and it seemed fine

Diagnostic Information
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.2 Production/Stable [ Woi ] 22-March-2008 22:00 GMT
configuration.php: Writable (Mode: 644 ) | RG_EMULATION: N/A
Architecture/Platform: Linux 2.4.21-47.0.1.ELsmp ( i686) | Web Server: Apache ( theshadowcorporation.net ) | PHP Version: 5.2.5
PHP Requirements: register_globals: Disabled | magic_quotes_gpc: Enabled | safe_mode: Disabled | MySQL Support: Yes | XML Support: Yes | zlib Support: Yes
mbstring Support (1.5): Yes | iconv Support (1.5): Yes | save.session_path: Writable | Max.Execution Time: 30 seconds | File Uploads: Enabled
MySQL Version: 5.0.45-log ( p50mysql131.secureserver.net via TCP/IP )

Extended Information:
SEF: Disabled (without ReWrite) | FTP Layer: Enabled | htaccess: Implemented
PHP/suExec: User and Web Server accounts are the same. (PHP/suExec probably installed)
PHP Environment: API: cgi-fcgi | MySQLi: Yes | Max. Memory: 64M | Max. Upload Size: 8M | Max. Post Size: 8M | Max. Input Time: 60 | Zend Version: 2.2.0
Disabled Functions:
MySQL Client: 5.0.18 ( latin1 )
Last edited by jhadow on Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: User Manager is Empty

Post by humvee » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:19 pm

If this is a new installation how come you have 600 registered members?
You don't say what version of Joomla! you are using, or what it is you are trying to achieve

Tonie
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Tonie » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:45 pm

Users are divided over three tables (check help.joomla.org --> FAQ --> Administration --> Change administrator password (or something like that)). My guess is that one of these tables isn't filled correctly.

jhadow
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jhadow » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:16 pm

humvee wrote:If this is a new installation how come you have 600 registered members?
Because I brought over my users from phpBB 3.0 using Jfusion.
humvee wrote:You don't say what version of Joomla! you are using,
jhadow wrote:Diagnostic Information
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.2 Production/Stable [ Woi ] 22-March-2008 22:00 GMT
humvee wrote:or what it is you are trying to achieve
1. I'd like my 600+ users to be able to log-in to the website.
2. I'd like to be able to "see" my users in the user manager so I can admin them.

jhadow
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jhadow » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:17 pm

Tonie wrote:Users are divided over three tables (check help.joomla.org --> FAQ --> Administration --> Change administrator password (or something like that)). My guess is that one of these tables isn't filled correctly.
Thanks, I've got my fingers crossed, but unfortunately I wasn't able to make anything of your gracious assistance.

What tables are invovled with users? I only know of jos_users

:)

jhadow
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jhadow » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:35 pm

Thanks for the advice. It turned out that the problem was jos_core_acl_aro.sql was nearly empty. After backing it up, I then deleted it and imported a copy from my test site.

Things are now pretty much working as expected!

Return to “Installation 1.5”