Joomla in subdomain Joomla

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
RaikoX
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Joomla in subdomain Joomla

Post by RaikoX » Wed May 07, 2008 8:18 am

Hi all,

I've got a slight problem with one of my Joomla! pages.
I have recently installed Joomla! 1.5 onto my webspace, and created something that should resemble a web page.
However, I tried to install another one on this webspace, in a subdomain I called:
***.com/Joomla/. The strange thing was, after I installed Joomla! on the subdomain,
that all articles and menus were gone. They just vanished. I've only got my template and one HOME button left.

I think I may have overwritten the database, but I'm still a n00b in Joomla! so help would be appreciated.

Pim Caris

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Joomla in subdomain Joomla

Post by humvee » Thu May 08, 2008 11:40 am

Check your database/database server with PHPMyAdmin and see if you have one set of tables or more than one database each with its own set of tables (this will depend on your host contract whether you can create multiple databases).

If you cannot run more than one database you can still have multiple web sites with Joomla! installed, just make sure you use a different table prefix at Step 4 of the Web Browser Installation.

Check out the Installation Manual for full details on both the Web Browser Installation and the alternative Manual Installation and help with problems. See my sig for link.
You might also find checking out the Absolute Beginners Guide to Joomla! of benefit to help get you started.

hth

Andy

Return to “Installation 1.5”