Idiot needs help!!! 403 forbidden on mac

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
mrswiss
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Idiot needs help!!! 403 forbidden on mac

Post by mrswiss » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:41 am

I downloaded joomla 1.0 thinking it was the latest version, did the initial set up which went fine, then realised 1.5 was the latest so deleted the joomla folder from my local htdocs folder. I downloaded the latest version, unzipped and placed it into my htdocs again renaming the folder 'joomla15' but now when i go to localhost/joomla15 to do the initial set up i get the error:- 'You don't have permission to access /joomla15 on this server.' im using xampp on a mac. if i point my browser to another site in the same htdocs folder i have no problems.
what have i done wrong??
mrswiss
Last edited by mrswiss on Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

mrswiss
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Idiot needs help!!! 403 forbidden on mac

Post by mrswiss » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:53 am

update: i have deleted and downloaded the latest version of XAMPP but still get the same error message. i also unzipped joomla and didn't rename it but still getting the same error 403.

Return to “Installation 1.5”