Multiple installations

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
PixelRustler
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Multiple installations

Post by PixelRustler » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:33 pm

I have just started with joomla and created an online test site.

www.mysite.com/test/testsite1/

today I installed another test site

www.mysite.com/test/testsite2/

and noticed that the content from site 1 was now gone :eek: gasp!

Checking out the mysql database I realised that the installation had cleverly detected the presence of my original jos_xxxxx prefixed tables from the initial installation and renamed the existing tables to bak_xxxxx phew!!!
Editing the configuration.php file brought my original site back into correct operation.

If I were to add another site

www.mysite.com/test/testsite3/

would the installation accommodate this too?

I don't remember seeing the option to change the table prefix during the installation process. Have I missed this somewhere?

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Multiple installations

Post by humvee » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:12 pm

The option to change the prefix is at Step 4 you need to expand the Advanced Features at the bottom of the page.

You should also take steps to change the prefix of the files using bak_ as this is the system back up default, which is what it has done just backed up, hence why you cannot access from site 1. You should amend the MySQL tables names and change the prefix variable in the configuration.php file to match.

Andy

Return to “Installation 1.5”