Admin Login not working!!

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
yrepetto
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Admin Login not working!!

Post by yrepetto » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:21 am

Release version: 1.5.x (installed 1/7/09)

Localhost – XAMPP 1.7.0

System Information: PHPmYaDMIN 3.1.1

Unable to login to localhost/joomlabeta/administrator - says I have wrong user ID and PW.

Attempts to solve:
- Web server and Joomla installations were successful.
- When trying to login in, receive error messages attached.
- Attempted suggestions in similar problem posted on 1/5 regarding the jos_plugin designation (published vs not published); mine was '1' already
- in the phpMyadmin I did a password change then was unable to get the admin login screen; instead the error 'database error unable to connect' (see attached)

I know how to get into the database and change the admin settings, but how do I get it to apply? I went from being able to get to a login prompt screen, and getting error that I did not have correct credentials, to no prompt and error message 'database error...' after changing my PW in phpMyadmin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

yrepetto
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Admin Login not working!!

Post by yrepetto » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:19 pm

I've since tried this:
- reinstalled Joomla (now I get the login in prompt, but still rejects login info)
- added new super user (without the underscore user)
- changed password
- added database privledges for msql and mydatabase
- reloaded dadatabse privledges at least twice

There was one suggestion to alter the var $lifetime setting in configuration.php, but I could not locate this file. Also, someone said the cause of the problem might have to do with the ZIP program. I believe I have whatever comes with Windows Vista (could not find anything in the All programs area that resembled a ZIP program. On right-click, then Send To, I get Compressed - ZIP Folder).

Please tell me the correct format for a username. The guide I used (above) had this format: username_user. Is it necessary to have the underscore "user"? If so, how would I enter it in the username field on the login prompt? Here are some combinations I used (none worked):

username_user
username_user@localhost
username
username@localhost
[email protected] (seemed logical; this was requested above the admin password field)

I have attached some screen shots for reference.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Installation 1.5”