The articles ive been working on do not come up.

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Jacobpowers
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

The articles ive been working on do not come up.

Post by Jacobpowers » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:00 am

Hello,

I'm a beginner and have been learning how to build a joomla site watching the lynda.com classes but when they teach the installation of joomla they do it on a Mac and the set up is a little different there is two little problems im having.

1. I can't change the name of the site I'm working on to something else besides just local host, for example I should be able to type in localhost/("mysitesname")/administrator after you have already installed it and get the back end for that particular project but the way i have it on accident is i can only access my site that I'm working on by typing in localhost/administrator
but I don't know how to change the name so that it says something descriptive for example if I was doing a restaurant I would want to type in localhost/resturauntgoodies/administrator and get to the back end of site but again I can only get there by just typing in localhost for the front end and localhost/administrator for the back end.

2. Im also wondering if this is the reason that all of a sudden after I uploaded joomla and put a little bit of work into it and it just doesn't come up, now I don't know if its gone or deleted or if i am just doing something wrong. I can not figure out if its joomla I didn't save or is it somthing with the wamp server.

If any body has had this same problem it would be awesome to hear this info I am on windows XP OS if that matters because I have the same problem on the Vista OS computer I also have.

Thanks Jacob Powers

Return to “Installation 1.5”