How to install joomla?

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
taulant01
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

How to install joomla?

Post by taulant01 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:37 pm

Hello....

I'am new here in Joomla! ans i don't know how the f... to install it. All my friends said: "JOOMLA IS GOOG, JOOMLA IS PERFECT" etc etc. But how can it be perfect when u can not install it???

I must take care of a web site that is opened with Joomla. They only gave me the Username and the Password of an FTP where Joomla is uploaded. I opened that FTP server, and i didn't know what to do... There is no setup or something else... I have seen in [youtube].com that they installed Joomla with FANTASTICO or i don't know something like CPANEL. But where do download FANTASTICO or CPANEL???? Why is it so complecated to install Joomla?? Than one of my friend told me that i need an EDITOR, but where to download it??/

Help me to install it and to download that editor, PLS

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: How to install joomla??????

Post by humvee » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:31 pm

Hi,
Check out the Joomla! Installation Manual and assorted documents at http://docs.joomla.org/beginners
Are the username and password simply access to the web host? If so go to the host's main site and check out the documentation there on the particular control panel they use.
Have they advised you what the domain name is eg: http://www.whatever.xxx
Is Joomla! already running on the site? If not is there a site at all?
Is there content on the site?

taulant01
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: How to install joomla?

Post by taulant01 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:40 pm

Are the username and password simply access to the web host?

The username and the password are for the FTP server where are the Folders and the Files of JOOMLA! uploaded.

Is Joomla! already running on the site? If not is there a site at all?
Is there content on the site?

I dont if it joomla is running on the web site... but the site exist and there is place who u can download Joomla and some other things ( i don't know why the man who has care of the web has not deleted that place)

P.s. Sorry for bad english

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: How to install joomla?

Post by humvee » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:50 pm

It may be easier for you to just use the Albanian language forum to deal with your problem. Trying to understand English as well as Joomla! and web server all together might just be too much?

Return to “Installation 1.5”