Problems with initial installation

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
k_pricey
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Problems with initial installation

Post by k_pricey » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:40 pm

Hi all. I have just uploaded the files for version 1.5.whatever-the-latest-one-is.... to my remote host. When I visited the URL to begin the setup I was asked to delete the install directory (which I did) and then clicked to continue the installation. Straight away I got the following error message:

Fatal error: Class 'JConfig' not found in public_html/cms/includes/framework.php on line 49

Any ideas? I tried re-sending that file in case an error had occured but no joy.

AlexSmirnov
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: Problems with initial installation

Post by AlexSmirnov » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:30 pm

I would try to reinstall Joomla and see what happens.

How was your installation on the local server, by the way?

HH
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by HH » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:41 am

You should be asked to delete the 'installation' directory when you reach the end of the process not before and this error seems to be related to the installation process itself.

Simply re-upload your Joomla! files to your server, run through the installation.
Me = Wonder + Ponder
http://www.hichamaged.net/

jegan
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jegan » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:17 am

Hi ,

May be this helps you.
Please install the new joomla 1.5 pack and at the end of the installation it ask to delete the installation folder and files.
Please delete it and edit the url .
and run it.

Thanks & Regards
Jegan
www.joomla-web-designer.com
Professional Joomla Services,Joomla Website Maintenance, Joomla troubleshooting, Joomla E commerce

www.joomla-web-developer.com
Joomla Programmers, Joomla component development ,Joomla theme design,Joomla Maintenance

k_pricey
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by k_pricey » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:21 am

Hi again! I re-installed the whole Joomla! file structure and that seemed to sort everything out. I've never installed on a local machine before - just straight to a remote host but once things got underway the whole thing was super smooth. Thanks for all the advice!!

Return to “Installation 1.5”