apache server problem

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
anandv_2002
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

apache server problem

Post by anandv_2002 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:39 am

i have a problem tht i after i installed my xampp server and copied d contents of joomla into d folder htdocs.when i start my servers only the mysql server shows running status and apache doesnt show running status. so can you please help me with the same.

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: apache server problem

Post by imanickam » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:11 am

You can start Apache or run it as services.

Anyway, I believe that you have downloaded XAMPP 1.7.2 that contains PHP 5.3.0. At present Joomla! is not certified to work with PHP 5.3.0. You have to use a lesser version of PHP (e.g., PHP 5.2.9). So, uninstall/delete the current version of 1.7.2.

Download XAMPP 1.7.1 from http://sourceforge.net/projects/xampp/files/ and install it. It should solve your problem.

Note: Use the file xampp-win32-1.7.1-installer.exe and it has better interface for starting and stopping various services such as Apache and MySQL.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

Return to “Installation 1.5”