New Install Backend Problem

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
SCN
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

New Install Backend Problem

Post by SCN » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:30 pm

Brand new install of Joomla! 1.5.20 using Sympatico on my server.

Installed without any errors.

I login to the backend.

The top menu system with the tabs labeled as shown below does not work, its dead.

Site | Menu | Content | Components | Extensions | Tools | Help

Also, in the Global Configuration panel, the System and Server tabs are also not working.

I tried updating to v1.5.21, did not help.

Is there something that needs to be done to activate these options, or is this just a bad install?

Thanks, SCN

Torettox84
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: New Install Backend Problem

Post by Torettox84 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:53 pm

There's no need to activate anything to use these items... You can / should try to install Joomla! again. Make sure to check it's not your browser acting up, too.

SCN
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: New Install Backend Problem

Post by SCN » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:25 pm

Torettox84 wrote:There's no need to activate anything to use these items... You can / should try to install Joomla! again. Make sure to check it's not your browser acting up, too.
Thanks, the problem was with the third-party installer Fantastico, it does not properly install Joomla or Drupal, a standard manual install fixes the problem.

SCN

Return to “Installation 1.5”