at final stage of install: error - failed to open stream ???

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
lindaNlink
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

at final stage of install: error - failed to open stream ???

Post by lindaNlink » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:17 pm

I am installing 1.5 to my godaddy hosted windows server. at the final stage of installation I get the following error at the very top of the page: Warning: file_put_contents(D:\Hosting\8984207\html\configuration.php) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in D:\Hosting\8984207\html\installation\installer\models\model.php on line 850

I dont know what this means and therefore do not know what to do. I dont know if it is related but at the final step i thought there was supposed to be a button to remove the installation directory and it was not there. I am installing 1.5 manually because i purchased a 1.7 template (which I now dread implementing because of the problems i am having with just the install) and Godaddy only has the automatic install for the latest version of Joomla!.

I am attaching a screen shot of the error i get after the install. You will see that it does say 'Congratulations Joomla is now installed' So i am even more confused by the error. Any help would be appreciated. Thx in advance!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

steffyaxxa
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: at final stage of install: error - failed to open stream

Post by steffyaxxa » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:10 pm

I'm very interested in the outcoming of this question, because I have the exact same problem. "Warning: file_put_contents...gantryini.class.php on line 124"
Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare !

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: at final stage of install: error - failed to open stream

Post by humvee » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:44 pm

1.7 template and Joomla 1.5 not compatible.

Have you created a configuration.php file? and does this have permissions set to 644?

Are all the paths and details correct in the configuration.php?

Are you able to connect to either the site or the administrator back-end?

Return to “Installation 1.5”