Geting Errors while Installing Joomla on server

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Monk316
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Geting Errors while Installing Joomla on server

Post by Monk316 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:41 pm

Instead of making another thread I figured I would just post in here. I had Joomla 2.5 installed and working but wanted to see if 1.5 was much different. I deleted everything off my server for the 2.5 site and uploaded 1.5. at the end of installation it gives this error.

Fatal error: Class 'JUserHelper' not found in /home/a9905420/public_html/installation/installer/models/model.php on line 725

The model.php file is there on the server but I'm not really sure what the error is saying.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Geting Errors while Installing Joomla on server

Post by toivo » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:41 pm

You are hijacking this thread, which is against the forum rules.

However, the error messages means that the file libraries/joomla/user/helper.php is missing.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Monk316
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Geting Errors while Installing Joomla on server

Post by Monk316 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:04 pm

I don't really see how it is hijacking since the thread is about getting errors while installing Joomla on the server and I was indeed getting errors while installing Joomla on my server. I figured a solution to my error might actually help the OP in the end if they are having a similar problem.

Your advice worked beautifully by the way. I figured there was a file missing but I didn't know where to look. The helper.php file was there but it was 0kb so nothing was in it. Probably an FTP error. Installed great now and working good. Thanks for your help.

Return to “Installation 1.5”