HELP!!!!!! Getting Frustrated!!!

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
DeZ
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

HELP!!!!!! Getting Frustrated!!!

Post by DeZ » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:38 pm

Long story short....I need to install Joomla 1.5. All I've done so far is upload the zip file (Joomla_1.5.1-Stable-Full_Package.zip) to my server, extract the files, and tried to start installing. Upon finishing the extraction, I see this all down the install page...

Code: Select all

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /homepages/31/d400671553/htdocs/clickandbuilds/joomla/CombzJoomla/newjoomla/libraries/joomla/import.php on line 34

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /homepages/31/d400671553/htdocs/clickandbuilds/joomla/CombzJoomla/newjoomla/libraries/loader.php on line 71

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /homepages/31/d400671553/htdocs/clickandbuilds/joomla/CombzJoomla/newjoomla/libraries/joomla/import.php on line 37

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /homepages/31/d400671553/htdocs/clickandbuilds/joomla/CombzJoomla/newjoomla/libraries/loader.php on line 71

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::load() should not be called statically in /homepages/31/d400671553/htdocs/clickandbuilds/joomla/CombzJoomla/newjoomla/libraries/loader.php on line 161

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /homepages/31/d400671553/htdocs/clickandbuilds/joomla/CombzJoomla/newjoomla/libraries/loader.php on line 138

Strict Standards: Non-static method JRequest::clean() should not be called statically in /homepages/31/d400671553/htdocs/clickandbuilds/joomla/CombzJoomla/newjoomla/libraries/joomla/import.php on line 38

Strict Standards: Non-static method JRequest::_cleanArray() should not be called statically in /homepages/31/d400671553/htdocs/clickandbuilds/joomla/CombzJoomla/newjoomla/libraries/joomla/environment/request.php on line 462

Strict Standards: Non-static method JRequest::_cleanArray() should not be called statically in /homepages/31/d400671553/htdocs/clickandbuilds/joomla/CombzJoomla/newjoomla/libraries/joomla/environment/request.php on line 463
...and that's just a snippet of the number of errors. I've also tried Joomla_1.5.26-Stable-Full_Package.zip as well with the same results. Can someone help me? This is a remotely hosted site on 1and1.com. PHP Version 5.4.25. Any ideas at all??

As an alternate....

My entire goal here is to get the content from my old Joomla 1.0 site into Joomla 2.5 or later. I've read that a person can only migrate from 1.0 to 2.5 through 1.5. If there's any other way other than what I'm trying here, please let me know.

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: HELP!!!!!! Getting Frustrated!!!

Post by dpacadmin » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:59 pm

In the Global Configuration settings(Admin backend), set Error Reporting to something other than default, that should stop the strict errors.

DeZ
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by DeZ » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:02 pm

Haven't even gotten that far. There is no admin backend yet. I can't even complete the configuration for the installation part.

All that has been done so far is copy the files to the server.

ozneilau
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by ozneilau » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:26 pm

With PHP 5.4, you can supress the "strict" errors by adding this to the start of your php.ini file:

Code: Select all

display_errors = Off
error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_STRICT
For more details, see: http://stackoverflow.com/a/9984309

DeZ
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by DeZ » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:00 am

Ok, I was able to get past those errors using one of the methods on the link you provided. Thank you!! I had to add the error code to the top of the troublesome files.

So, now I have my 1.5 site active and seemingly in good shape. How can I migrate my 1.0 data into it?

ozneilau
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by ozneilau » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:12 am

You can find the Joomla 1.0 to Joomla 1.5 migrator kindly posted by dpacadmin:

http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 5#p2990436

The official Instructions are at:

http://docs.joomla.org/J1.5:Migrating_f ... 1.5_Stable

DeZ
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by DeZ » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:18 am

I actually had just found another thread that someone had posted the migrator-assistant for 1.5. I now have all content into my 1.5 site.

Thank you so much for the help ozneilau!!

Return to “Installation 1.5”