A logo that refuses to go away

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
zonkd
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

A logo that refuses to go away

Post by zonkd » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:34 pm

All resolved, gentlemen, thank you. The logo has reacted properly.

Can a hawkeyed Joomla expert kindly look at the page source for schoollaners.org and answer this mystery, please?

Why does the logo seem so attached to this template?

I'm changing this template over to a different neighbourhood cause. I believe - seem to have always understood - that the masthead is really 'logo.png'.

I've changed this logo completely to Schoollaners for that's the tiny neighbourhood that this site will serve.

I've changed 'logo.png' to 'logo2.png' and tried all sorts of variations. But the old masthead simply won't become unattached. What's strange is that browsers accept the 'title' for the logo from 'Healing gardens' to 'Schoollaners' ... and yet that logo remains in place!

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: A logo that refuses to go away

Post by dpacadmin » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:20 pm

Here is the path to your logo file
/templates/theme695/images/logo.png
you can replace that file with a different logo just name the new file the same, "logo.png". If you do not want a logo there replace the logo.png with an empty transparent png file named logo.png.

If you renamed the file but it still displays it is most likely a cache issue, either your browser is caching the page with the old logo or you have Joomla's Cache enabled. Try deleting your browser's temp Internet files and test or purge the Joomla cache and test.

If you just want the logo to disappear add this to your template's css file;

Code: Select all

#logo {
    display: none;
}

zonkd
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: A logo that refuses to go away

Post by zonkd » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:31 pm

Thanks very much indeed, dpacadmin. Yes, I think it was a cache problem. Rather than clear the cache, so as not to lose other url information, I often use another browser. However, it too must have remembered the code.

Thanks very much also for the advice about logo.png and that css code looks very useful. Much obliged. Cheers paul

Return to “Installation 1.5”