Cannot Log in Administrator backend - Error 404

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
antonia_cy
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Cannot Log in Administrator backend - Error 404

Post by antonia_cy » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:22 am

Hello there!

I've been using Joomla for some time now but please understand that I'm not a developer... ;)
My website was working completely fine (front and backend), here's my website: safpissouriou.com.

Until recently when my website was transferred to a new hosting (same company, different package) and I now cannot access my Administrator backend. I go to safpissouriou.com/administrator/ and put my credentials to log in and when I click Login I am redirected to Error 404 page! You can also replicate this by clicking the Login button in my administrator page, since whatever credentials I put i get the same Error 404 page. I think it has to do something with the redirect to index.php but I don't know how to fix this!

Please help..!!Thank you in advance. :)

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: Cannot Log in Administrator backend - Error 404

Post by dpacadmin » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:43 am

You have posted to the Joomla 1.5 forum but you are using Joomla 2.5.14.
You might check your htaccess file to see if you made any mods for the last server that are not supported on the new server. You could test by disabling SEF in your configuration.php file and see if the admin works then. Ask your host for the correct htaccess settings for the new server.
If you are using a security extension see if moving servers has any effect on its settings by asking the developers of the extension.

antonia_cy
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Cannot Log in Administrator backend - Error 404

Post by antonia_cy » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:45 am

Thank you very much for the reply! Yes I noticed that I was in the wrong Forum right after I published my post and I was just trying to move it to the correct forum. Thank you for the assistance anyways. I'll see what I can do with your suggestions. :)

Return to “Installation 1.5”