Blank Page after exporting website to my localhost.

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
ojslayout
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Blank Page after exporting website to my localhost.

Post by ojslayout » Mon May 04, 2015 5:26 am

So I tried to export our website to localhost for testing. I use FTP for file transfer to my localhost and phpmyadmin to export sql file of my website. But when I tried to open it on my localhost all I see is a blank page.

My wamp server uses php 5.5.12.

webseller
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Blank Page after exporting website to my localhost.

Post by webseller » Mon May 04, 2015 6:12 am

There is no message error? Anyway, it might be a missing file or htaccess or your url's inside your template. Anyway, try checking your htaccess first if no problem and then your template and if no problem than repeat exporting the files and database again.

ojslayout
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ojslayout » Mon May 04, 2015 7:55 am

webseller wrote:There is no message error? Anyway, it might be a missing file or htaccess or your url's inside your template. Anyway, try checking your htaccess first if no problem and then your template and if no problem than repeat exporting the files and database again.
There are warning message, I just hide it with

Code: Select all

define( '_JEXEC', 1 );
error_reporting( E_ERROR | E_PARSE | E_CORE_ERROR | E_CORE_WARNING | E_COMPILE_ERROR | E_COMPILE_WARNING );
The database connection is also fine. I tested trying to change username root to rootx and database error connection shows, but when username remains root there is no error. So I think database connection is fine. I tried to move htaccess file on another folder but the page is still blank.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Mon May 04, 2015 8:44 am

A blank page indicates that a PHP fatal error has occurred.
Where did you add the code?

You can turn off error reporting completely, if required, by editing the file configuration.php:

var $error_reporting = '0';
Alternatively, add a php.ini file into the main Joomla folder, with the following content, for example:

error_reporting = E_ALL & ~(E_NOTICE | E_WARNING | E_STRICT | E_DEPRECATED)
This setting will display or write into a log file, depending on how error logging has been configured, all actual errors but no notices, warnings, Strict Standards and Deprecated messages which you would otherwise see a lot in Joomla 1.5 running in PHP 5.5.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

ojslayout
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ojslayout » Mon May 04, 2015 9:26 am

toivo wrote:A blank page indicates that a PHP fatal error has occurred.
Where did you add the code?

You can turn off error reporting completely, if required, by editing the file configuration.php:

var $error_reporting = '0';
Alternatively, add a php.ini file into the main Joomla folder, with the following content, for example:

error_reporting = E_ALL & ~(E_NOTICE | E_WARNING | E_STRICT | E_DEPRECATED)
This setting will display or write into a log file, depending on how error logging has been configured, all actual errors but no notices, warnings, Strict Standards and Deprecated messages which you would otherwise see a lot in Joomla 1.5 running in PHP 5.5.
I put the code at index.php. Why do you think I have a blank page?

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Mon May 04, 2015 9:45 am

I put the code at index.php.
There is an index.php file in the main folder but your template has also a file called index.php. If you edited index.php in the main folder, the setting in configuration.php will override your settings.

You can leave the numeric value in configuration.php as -1 which means 'System Default' but add a php.ini file into the same folder, and those settings in your php.ini become the system default for Joomla.
Why do you think I have a blank page?
There are quite a few possibilities. One or more files may not have been copied correctly to your workstation. Some obsolete extension may be using functions that were deprecated in PHP 5.4 and removed in PHP 5.5.

Once you see the PHP fatal error message, you will have more information.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

ojslayout
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ojslayout » Wed May 06, 2015 9:20 am

So I tried php 5.2 with xampp and I still get a blank page? Both the front page/administrator area are blank.

Return to “Installation 1.5”