[IN PROGESS] - Bridge to b2evolution blog

Discuss the integration of Joomla! with other products. ie SMF, phpbb etc etc

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Elpie
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: [IN PROGESS] - Bridge to b2evolution blog

Post by Elpie » Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:45 am

I doubt if any bridge to b2evo is coming soon :(
Since I started this thread, b2evolution has moved on and the changes are significant. Any work done months ago would need quite a few changes now, and this means either starting again for someone or delays.
I am currently using the latest Alpha - first time I have ever used an Alpha on a live site - and am really happy with it. For a blog, I wouldn't look anywhere else except b2evo, but I am also doing cms-style sites now in Wordpress. (I successfully moved a site from Mambo to Wordpress and am really pleased with the result - might do some more ;) )
For now, the wrapper option is probably the best if you want to continue using b2evo. If you want to change to Wordpress ready for a JD-WP integration, there is a simple importer out there you can use.
For Mambo assistance: http://forum.mambo-foundation.org
Open Source Research & Best Practice: http://osprojects.info

trompete
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by trompete » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:09 am

If b2 doesn't suit your needs, and you really need wordpress, use the standalone version of wordpress. Turn on friendly URLs in wordpress, and you will get fantastic pagerank on your sites.
Developer, bsq_sitestats module.
www.bs-squared.com

Elpie
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by Elpie » Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:50 pm

The problem is, b2evo is multiuser, multiblog, and multilingual, whereas the best you can do with wordpress is allow others to post on your one blog.  Oh well, not much I can do when my coding skills are not quite up to the task of writing a bridge ;)

Wolfenrook
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Wolfenrook » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:26 pm

Last I heard the Lifetype devs (another good multi user, multi blog blog) are planning on an integration/bridge for Lifetype 1.1 at some point, and having installed and used both b2 and Lifetype I far prefer Lifetype, so you may want to watch for developments on that.

Wolfenrook

trompete
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by trompete » Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:54 pm

Elpie wrote: The problem is, b2evo is multiuser, multiblog, and multilingual, whereas the best you can do with wordpress is allow others to post on your one blog.  Oh well, not much I can do when my coding skills are not quite up to the task of writing a bridge ;)
Did you check out Wordpress Multi-User at all to see if it fit your needs? I'm curious as to what you thought of it.
Developer, bsq_sitestats module.
www.bs-squared.com

Elpie
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by Elpie » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:47 am

I looked at what it has to offer but didnt bother downloading it to play with. I need a blog system that is multi-lingual and for me b2evo is everything I need right "out of the box".

Wordpress is an interesting script. I use Wordpress, but not as a blog. For a straight blogging application I feel you can't beat b2evo (and, after all, if W3C uses it, it must be pretty good!). Wordpress, OTOH, is a fantastic tool for creating a cms site with blogging features that can be used or not used anywhere you like.  I have recently moved a site from Mambo to Wordpress and I'm really happy with the result.

ShadowMaster
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ShadowMaster » Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:37 pm

trompete wrote:
Elpie wrote: The problem is, b2evo is multiuser, multiblog, and multilingual, whereas the best you can do with wordpress is allow others to post on your one blog.  Oh well, not much I can do when my coding skills are not quite up to the task of writing a bridge ;)
Did you check out Wordpress Multi-User at all to see if it fit your needs? I'm curious as to what you thought of it.
WordPress MU is looking pretty good at this point, and we STILL don't have a decent user blogging componant for Joomla yet. Does anyone know if a bridge or any type of integration for MU is available or in the works??

JD-Wordpress is fine for those who just want a 1 person blog, but we really need to be able to offer our users blogging options as well.

whigumstyx
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by whigumstyx » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:22 pm

I'm new to the Joomla community and love everything about it. I'm building a site that will need a multiuser blog solution.
Does anyone know if the b2evo bridge is still in the works?
Last edited by whigumstyx on Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"if it is'nt broke, don't fix it!"

Delanet
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Delanet » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:47 am

Hello Marko,
The bridge b2evolution to Joomla... When? ;)
All of us we wait!..  :-\

EMRhelp
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by EMRhelp » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:48 pm

Delanet wrote: Hello Marko,
The bridge b2evolution to Joomla... When? ;)
All of us we wait!..  :-\
It has been entirely discontinued.  Don't wait for it.

petergadget
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by petergadget » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:08 pm

I am also looking for some authentication integration so if somone logs into Joomla they automatically are authenticated within b2evolution. Please let me know if someone found a reasonable solution in the meantime.

Thanks a lot!

baijianpeng
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by baijianpeng » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:16 pm

Such a bridge is still important for Joomla users. Why give up? Maybe it is not so difficult on Joomla 3 ?
JoomlaGate - Chinese Joomla Users' Portal

http://www.joomlagate.com

Return to “Integration & Bridges - 1.0.x”