Module Possibility: SMS Sender?

Discuss the integration of Joomla! with other products. ie SMF, phpbb etc etc

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Dan
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Module Possibility: SMS Sender?

Post by Dan » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:42 am

I'm interested in setting up a free SMS sending service somewhere off my main page in a wee module box.

Now, I write this without researching the topic *at all*, so there is a significant chance that this is not possible..... however, I know that many IM programs are bringing this in as a feature... ICQ has had it for donkeys...  so maybe it is possible.

Has anyone looked into this at all previously?

milan-taxi
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Module Possibility: SMS Sender?

Post by milan-taxi » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:35 am

I would like to re-open the question Dan asked: Does anyone know if there is some joomla module that enables sending of free sms from joomla based websites?

There are numerous html widgets for free sms sending on the internet but this is more convenient for static websites, one example of send sms widget is here www.freeonplate.com/sms/free-sms-for-webmasters.html

Is it possible to convert existing html widget to joomla plugin or module which will allow sending of free sms?

Return to “Integration & Bridges - 1.0.x”