404 - Component not found

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
johnpeterson82
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

404 - Component not found

Post by johnpeterson82 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:33 am

did you turn one SEF in the backend. That could of cause your problems if it isn't set up right.

regards..

john

rockbk
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: 404 - Component not found

Post by rockbk » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:43 pm

I have a problem with component , i install expose and chronocontact component . but now the adminsite don't have both of them in component list. I'd checked com_expose and com_chrono folder , they were in component folder of layout site and adminsite . I don't turn on SEO or st . plz help me . thanks all

girlpoetus
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by girlpoetus » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:16 am

Ive read all these posts and configured correctly, I have the mod write set to yes, I changed the file to .htaccess, I have my menu item set to default and I still receive the 404 Page not found. I only see this error on any other page other than the home page. Im not sure what else to do?

Thanks,
Talya

santabaia
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by santabaia » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:13 pm

Hi. After I install the K2, everything goes fine. But when I move the articles and built a menu, I got this error. I debugged, but I have no idea how to solve. I installed a lot of modules again. But... nothing. still this error.
Call stack
# Function Location
1 JSite->dispatch() /home/lulahos/public_html/copacabanabrasil2.com/index.php:68
2 JComponentHelper->renderComponent() /home/lulahos/public_html/copacabanabrasil2.com/includes/application.php:124
3 JError->raiseError() /home/lulahos/public_html/copacabanabrasil2.com/libraries/joomla/application/component/helper.php:95
4 JError->raise() /home/lulahos/public_html/copacabanabrasil2.com/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:171
5 JException->__construct() /home/lulahos/public_html/copacabanabrasil2.com/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:136

Anyone can help me?

santabaia
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by santabaia » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:14 pm

Anyway. If I have the error line, how I can open this file? Using which software? And what to fix?
Maybe I have to reinstall all again?

santabaia
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by santabaia » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:33 am

Well guys. I found the ERROR. It was because my MAIN MENU didn´t have a DEFAULT item. That´s it. Very simple to solve. Just enable a default item in the maind menu module. TY

gazlappy
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by gazlappy » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:21 am

abhinay_desai wrote:Hi pigualada and reedcat1965,

Thank you for all your help, i am now able to open the articles in my website without any errors.

I am such a n00b i completely forgot to rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess and change the Use Apache mod_rewrite in global configuration to "Yes"

Thank you both of you for helping me solve this problem.

For anyone else who is facing this problem, please follow these steps:

1. After uploading joomla 1.5 stable rename the htaccess.txt file in your root folder to .htaccess
2. Go to your backend-->Global configuration-->Use Apache mod_rewrite(Right Hand Top Corner) and enable it.

Hope this helps you too as it has helped me and dont forget to thank pigualada and reedcat1965!

Regards,
Abhinay
http://www.trendzmatter.com&nbsp;  

Thanks guys i was getting this error on the create new account , and the above solved the problem.

mkkli88
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by mkkli88 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:11 pm

Guys,

It is simple to fix this problem and this is how I did it. I was playing with menus and I created and renamed my own menus etc. I deliberately deleted the main menu which was create automatically from install. My problem 404 page came up when I previewed. I searched for solution but damn complicated with suggestions of SQL editing etc...

Here is how I fixed it. Under Window Item Manager select the menu you wish to use as default.

Then select default! and done.(You know the star icon at the top!).

Hope this helps and enjoy!

ML... :eek:

jstoker
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by jstoker » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:06 pm

renaming htaccess.txt to > .htaccess and turn "Use Apache mod_rewrite" on worked for me :D

MikeyMo
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by MikeyMo » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:54 am

I'm having the same error. A quick workaround is indeed to turn seo-friendly urls off, or use a mod-rewrite.
But the problem with those is that the urls generated are different from what I used to have and thus all the links I placed on the web to articles don't work anymore.

So I really need to have this fixed and not just worked around.

The problem started to occur when my hosting provider switched from server so it could very well be a serversided problem. But he doesn't know so if anyone has a clue, I'm very interested ;-)

MikeyMo
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by MikeyMo » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:19 am

And these are my debug alerts

1 JSite->dispatch() /home/mikeymo/public_html/index.php:68
2 JComponentHelper->renderComponent() /home/mikeymo/public_html/includes/application.php:124
3 JError->raiseError() /home/mikeymo/public_html/libraries/joomla/application/component/helper.php:95
4 JError->raise() /home/mikeymo/public_html/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:171
5 JException->__construct() /home/mikeymo/public_html/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:136

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by dpacadmin » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:39 pm

Couple of things to try,
in the configuration.php file try putting your site's url in the Live Site var, no trailing slash
in the htaccess file try uncommenting the Rewrite Base line(if your site is in a subfolder at that to the line) or commenting out the SymLink line.
make sure the htaccess file was uploaded in ASCII mode
have your Host check your permissions(should be 644 for files and 755 for folders) and your site's ownership(all files/folders should have the same owner)

MikeyMo
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by MikeyMo » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:15 pm

Thanks
If you encounter problems, try modifying the $live_site setting in configuration.php. If Joomla! is installed in the root (ie, inside public_html or htdocs), set $live_site to / or http://www.example.com or http://example.com. If Joomla! is installed in a subdirectory (ie, /joomladir), set $live_site to /joomladir or http://www.example.com/joomladir or http://example.com/joomladir.
it seems like this did the trick

lalm
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by lalm » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:26 pm

If none of the above solutions works, try editing your .htaccess file. You need to edit only one line. RewriteBase (usually 53rd line in the default .htaccess file). Mostly, you will find this line commented. Uncomment this line if your webserver's URL is not directly related to physical file paths and specify correct path value to RewriteBase. For e.g., if it is root, the RewriteBase should have following value:

RewriteBase /

Hope it helps.

Lalm

raul9868
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by raul9868 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:32 am

Hola

A mi también me pasó lo mismo. Me ocurrión montando una plantilla. Puesto que no estaba a gusto con los menús que había creado, los eliminé y empecé a crear unos nuevos

Probé bastantes cosas de las indicadas en este post pero al final, entrando en el gestor de menús, me di cuenta que ninguno de ellos era el predeterminado y claro, al entrar en la Web, Joomla no sabía qué menú mostrar y de ahí el error

La solución fue muy simple : "Hacer que uno de los menús fuese el predeterminado"

Sólo con esto y sin necesidad de entrar en las tablas ni nada, quedó el tema solucionado.

Espero que os sirva

tojoshua
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by tojoshua » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:20 pm

My problem was no default page. After adding it in my main menu the problem was solved.

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 1.5”