Moved domain reg from Godaddy- now site has no CSS/admin

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
spjika
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Moved domain reg from Godaddy- now site has no CSS/admin

Post by spjika » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:11 am

Hi got sick of Godaddy's business ethics and moved my 7 domains to Namecheap. Left my hosting with GD as that was more effort than I had time for. I kept my original nameserver setup. As soon as the transfer was done my Joomla sites http://www.nonprofitgis.org and spikerphotos.com are essentially dead. The GIS site loads with no CSS and the admin login takes me to a page with no images and no links that work, so I cant do a database backup with joomlapack and attempt a restore. The spikerphotos site doesnt even get redirected so that's perhaps a dif issue.

Thoughts on what has happened to the main joomla site?

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: Moved domain reg from Godaddy- now site has no CSS/admin

Post by dpacadmin » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:51 am

Did you set your GD nameserver addresses on the new domain register's settings? Your GIS site is just a 404 now, you should probably check with GD as to why your site's are not being displayed if you have the correct nameservers. Also with a new domain register it could take 48 hours for the domains to work correctly as they will need to propagate again.

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 1.5”