malware in joomla website

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
phanindracharya
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

malware in joomla website

Post by phanindracharya » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:21 pm

hai, i am the admin of a joomla based website.
whenever i try to open my site's admin page i find "Warning: Something's Not Right Here!"
"ur site contains content from imgaaa.net, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site."
i think there is some malware on my site..
can anyone please suggest me how to remove that malware.

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: malware in joomla website

Post by leolam » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:42 pm

start here:

[ ] Run the forum post assistant and security tool Instructions available here

[ ] Ensure you have the latest version of Joomla. Delete all files in your Joomla installation. Replace the deleted files with fresh copies of a current full version of Joomla, and fresh copies of extensions and templates used. Only by replacing all files in the installation (including extensions and templates) can you be sure to remove the backdoors inserted and hidden in files and directories

[ ] Review Vulnerable Extensions List

[ ] Review and action Security Checklist checklist 7 to make sure you've gone through all of the steps.

Leo 8)

[ ] Scan all machines with FTP, Joomla super admin, and Joomla admin access for malware, virus, trojans, spyware, etc.

[ ] Change all passwords and if possible user names for the website host control panel and your Joomla site.

[ ] Use proper permissions on files and directories. They should never be 777, but ideal is 644 and 755

[ ] Check your htaccess for for any odd code (i.e. code which is not in the standard htaccess supplied as part of the Joomla installation).

[ ] Check the crontab or Task Scheduler for unexpected jobs/tasks.
Joomla's #1 Professional Services Provider:
#Joomla Professional Support: https://gws-desk.com -
#Joomla Specialized Hosting Solutions: https://gws-host.com -

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 1.5”