Problem after upgrade to joomla 1.5.10

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
bergjes
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Problem after upgrade to joomla 1.5.10

Post by bergjes » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:21 pm

Problem Description:
No matter what I do, the only thing that seems to happen is a refresh of the frontpage.
www.bergjes.net/escapers

Actions Taken To Resolve:
It probably has to do something with the .htaccess file, but I don't know what. If I rename the file to .htaccess.txt I have no access to my website at all. To use PHP 5 I had to use the .htaccess file with only this rule: AddHandler x-httpd-php5 .php.

Diagnostic Information
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.10 Production/Stable [ Wohmamni ] 27-March-2009 23:00 GMT
configuration.php: Writable (Mode: 644 ) | RG_EMULATION: N/A
Architecture/Platform: Linux 2.6.12-1.1381_FC3smp ( i686) | Web Server: Apache/2.0.53 (Fedora) ( http://www.bergjes.net ) | PHP Version: 5.2.4
PHP Requirements: register_globals: Enabled | magic_quotes_gpc: Disabled | safe_mode: Disabled | MySQL Support: Yes | XML Support: Yes | zlib Support: Yes
mbstring Support (1.5): No | iconv Support (1.5): Yes | save.session_path: Writable | Max.Execution Time: 30 seconds | File Uploads: Enabled
MySQL Version: 4.1.21-log ( Localhost via UNIX socket )

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: Problem after upgrade to joomla 1.5.10

Post by dpacadmin » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:51 pm

Are you using a SEF SEO extension? Maybe empty the cache if you are. It looks like a SEF problem as all your menu links are pointing to the home page. Like all the links were saved in a cache and the cache is no longer accessible.

bergjes
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by bergjes » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:42 am

dpacadmin wrote:Are you using a SEF SEO extension? Maybe empty the cache if you are. It looks like a SEF problem as all your menu links are pointing to the home page. Like all the links were saved in a cache and the cache is no longer accessible.
Hi,
Sorry but I´m not really familiar with SEF/SEO.
SEF/SEO and cache are not enabled on my site.
The only thing I could find was the system plugin System - SEF, but it makes no difference if I enable or disable it.
I cleared the cache, but still the same problem.

Perhaps this helps:
If I make a one on one copy from my site and run it locally on a "wamp" server, everything works great.

Hope you have an other suggestion.

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by dpacadmin » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:00 am

Have a look at this post
http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f ... ndler+.php
Try this in your htaccess file

Code: Select all

AddType x-mapp-php5 .php
AddHandler x-mapp-php5 .php
as Olaf suggested instead of

Code: Select all

AddHandler x-httpd-php5 .php

bergjes
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by bergjes » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:07 pm

Thanks again for your reaction,
but still no luck.
If I change my .htaccess with the lines Olaf suggested all I get is a lot of code, perhaps it makes sense to you, but I'm lost.

mark( 'afterLoad' ) : null; /** * CREATE THE APPLICATION * * NOTE : */ $mainframe =& JFactory::getApplication('site'); /** * INITIALISE THE APPLICATION * * NOTE : */ // set the language $mainframe->initialise(); JPluginHelper::importPlugin('system'); // trigger the onAfterInitialise events JDEBUG ? $_PROFILER->mark('afterInitialise') : null; $mainframe->triggerEvent('onAfterInitialise'); /** * ROUTE THE APPLICATION * * NOTE : */ $mainframe->route(); // authorization $Itemid = JRequest::getInt( 'Itemid'); $mainframe->authorize($Itemid); // trigger the onAfterRoute events JDEBUG ? $_PROFILER->mark('afterRoute') : null; $mainframe->triggerEvent('onAfterRoute'); /** * DISPATCH THE APPLICATION * * NOTE : */ $option = JRequest::getCmd('option'); $mainframe->dispatch($option); // trigger the onAfterDispatch events JDEBUG ? $_PROFILER->mark('afterDispatch') : null; $mainframe->triggerEvent('onAfterDispatch'); /** * RENDER THE APPLICATION * * NOTE : */ $mainframe->render(); // trigger the onAfterRender events JDEBUG ? $_PROFILER->mark('afterRender') : null; $mainframe->triggerEvent('onAfterRender'); /** * RETURN THE RESPONSE */ echo JResponse::toString($mainframe->getCfg('gzip'));

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by dpacadmin » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:19 pm

Looks like it is not reading the file as php. Are you using the Joomla htaccess file or a custom one? Do you have any other lines in your htaccess file besides the Handler(AddHandler x-httpd-php5 .php) one? If you do, try placing your Handler line at the top of the file. Did you get the Handler line from your host? I had a look at their site but there is no English translation that I could find.

Do you have the htaccess file in your Joomla directory? Try placing it in the root of your hosting space, one directory up from your Joomla site.

bergjes
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by bergjes » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:25 am

Hi again,
I hope I´m not causing to much trouble.

I got the line "AddHandler x-httpd-php5 .php" from my host.
It is the only line in my .htaccess file, and it is placed in the root.

Thx,
Erik

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by dpacadmin » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:26 am

IF we assume that is OK then it must be a file in your site. Try uploading the complete file set for Joomla 1.5.10 except for the installation folder. Use a FTP program like FileZilla that shows you transfer success or failure as you are uploading.

bergjes
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by bergjes » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:00 am

Hi dpacadmin,
I just finished uploading the complete file set for joomla 1.5.10 (3683 files). Everything went well, but still no change.
Perhaps if I give you access to my admin panel you can look around if you see something?

Erik

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by dpacadmin » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:14 am

All the links on the home page are coded to link to the home page. Something has set the links to your home page.

What version of Joomla did you upgrade from? Was it a 1.0.x version or a 1.5.x version?

I noticed a lot of double slashes in your coded urls also. Do you have a folder named "escapers/" including the backslash? If not it might be that you are using the Live_Site var in your configuration.php file and you have a trailing slash on the url, there should be no slash at the end of the url.

If you like you can PM or email me a login to your admin and I can have a look, it is curious.

MasterScript
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by MasterScript » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:08 am

I am tired to fix it

mark( 'afterLoad' ) : null; /** * CREATE THE APPLICATION * * NOTE : */ $mainframe =& JFactory::getApplication('site'); /** * INITIALISE THE APPLICATION * * NOTE : */ // set the language $mainframe->initialise(); JPluginHelper::importPlugin('system'); // trigger the onAfterInitialise events JDEBUG ? $_PROFILER->mark('afterInitialise') : null; $mainframe->triggerEvent('onAfterInitialise'); /** * ROUTE THE APPLICATION * * NOTE : */ $mainframe->route(); // authorization $Itemid = JRequest::getInt( 'Itemid'); $mainframe->authorize($Itemid); // trigger the onAfterRoute events JDEBUG ? $_PROFILER->mark('afterRoute') : null; $mainframe->triggerEvent('onAfterRoute'); /** * DISPATCH THE APPLICATION * * NOTE : */ $option = JRequest::getCmd('option'); $mainframe->dispatch($option); // trigger the onAfterDispatch events JDEBUG ? $_PROFILER->mark('afterDispatch') : null; $mainframe->triggerEvent('onAfterDispatch'); /** * RENDER THE APPLICATION * * NOTE : */ $mainframe->render(); // trigger the onAfterRender events JDEBUG ? $_PROFILER->mark('afterRender') : null; $mainframe->triggerEvent('onAfterRender'); /** * RETURN THE RESPONSE */ echo JResponse::toString($mainframe->getCfg('gzip'));

:(

Anyone know how to fix it?
RentakFM Radio Station
http://www.rentak.fm

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by dpacadmin » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:34 am

Looks like raw php code. Check with your host that you still have php active on your site. Try uploading the patch files again. Check your FTP log to be sure all files have been uploaded. If that doesn't work try uploading the full file set for 1.5.10 except the installation folder.

MasterScript
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by MasterScript » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:14 pm

128 files upload (patch) still same
RentakFM Radio Station
http://www.rentak.fm

ooffick
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by ooffick » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:42 pm

MasterScript wrote:128 files upload (patch) still same
Which version of PHP do you have?
Do you have any AddHandler ... or AddType ... in your .htaccess file? You might want to try to remove it.

Olaf
Olaf Offick - Global Moderator
learnskills.org

Etesian
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Etesian » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:48 am

Hello,
After updating I had here such problem, before the links to news were displayed here so:
http://www.mydomain.ru/news/.....
And now here so:
http://www.mydomain.ru/НОВОСТИ/.....
I did not touch adjustment, how it is possible to make, that was as before?

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 1.5”