Migrator : "Error: Upload failed!"

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
poodawgg
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Migrator : "Error: Upload failed!"

Post by poodawgg » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:57 pm

Im trying to migrate from 1.0 to 1.5 im getting this error....and I am now unable to log into the admin because my account has been deleted by migrationassistant..

Error: Upload failed! Check that the 'tmp' and 'installation/sql/migration' directories are writable.

Warning: fopen(/home/alliecom/public_html/administrator/components/com_migrationassistant/sql/migration/migrate.sql) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/alliecom/public_html/administrator/components/com_migrationassistant/includes/bigdump.php on line 134

Can't open file (/home/alliecom/public_html/administrator/components/com_migrationassistant/sql/migration/migrate.sql) for import.

The name of your dump file should contain only alphanumeric characters. Please verify and rename if it doesn't. .
Or you have to upload the file to the server.

Error: 1

Something caused an error

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: Migrator : "Error: Upload failed!"

Post by dpacadmin » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:01 pm

Did you check if the folders are writable as the error message said
Upload failed! Check that the 'tmp' and 'installation/sql/migration' directories are writable
Did you rename your dump file correctly, migrate.sql
Can't open file (/**************/administrator/components/com_migrationassistant/sql/migration/migrate.sql) for import.
You can not reuse a dump file and if you have a problem you must upload a new copy.

poodawgg
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by poodawgg » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:27 pm

dpacadmin wrote:Did you check if the folders are writable as the error message said
Upload failed! Check that the 'tmp' and 'installation/sql/migration' directories are writable
Did you rename your dump file correctly, migrate.sql
Can't open file (/**************/administrator/components/com_migrationassistant/sql/migration/migrate.sql) for import.
You can not reuse a dump file and if you have a problem you must upload a new copy.
"Did you rename your dump file correctly, migrate.sql" I have no indea what renaming it correctly is.

"You can not reuse a dump file and if you have a problem you must upload a new copy" - Perfectly understood.

thanks for the help

pedmajungne
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by pedmajungne » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:13 pm

poodawgg wrote:
Error: Upload failed! Check that the 'tmp' and 'installation/sql/migration' directories are writable.
Hi,

I got the same problem. Trying to migrate Joomla 1.0.15 to Joomla 1.5.18 on windows, because of security issue ... got complained from customers ... :(

I just got it work ... :)
The problem was at PHP setting, maximum allowed upload file size (default = 2MB).

I change it from : upload_max_filesize = 2M
to : upload_max_filesize = 100M

Still need to migrate to Joomla 2.5.x , then to Joomla 3.2

Thanks
-pedma

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 1.5”