Custom article parameters lost during 1.5.16->1.5.23 upgrade

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
jromano
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Custom article parameters lost during 1.5.16->1.5.23 upgrade

Post by jromano » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:14 pm

Hello all,

I am having trouble with my test upgrade from 1.5.16 to 1.5.23.

I use custom parameters for articles to store data that is displayed by my template. After the upgrade, my custom parameter boxes show up on the edit article page, but they are blank. I can see that the data is still there in the database.

I checked the file /var/www/html/administrator/components/com_content/models/article.xml and the file is identical before and after the upgrade (it shows the custom parameters).

Any what I can do to fix this?

Thanks in advance,
--jack
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: Custom article parameters lost during 1.5.16->1.5.23 upg

Post by dpacadmin » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:17 pm

Your article.xml must be a custom file that some one has added, but you also need to find which file calls the parameters from the database. I would guess they added custom code to one of the default files(I don't know which one) to pull the extra parameters from the database to fill your custom fields.

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 1.5”