Moved site to new domain some backend links wrong.

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
AlexKaos
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Moved site to new domain some backend links wrong.

Post by AlexKaos » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:33 pm

Hello all,
I have been using Joomla for a while now but have had to move it to a new domain, I used Akeeba to do this and found it to be alot easier than I had anticipated.
Unfortunalty I have a small error with the backend menu links "Main Menu", "Articles", "Upload Images" and "Media Manager"; they are still pointing to the old site from which I moved my installation, the rest of the menu links are fine.
I can work around this for the while but would like to know if there is a simple fix to make life easier in the long run and for anyone else who needs to use it.

I am using Joomla version 1.5.17

Any help gratefully received, thanks in advance.

Alex

p.s. I hope I have put this in the correct section of the forums.

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: Moved site to new domain some backend links wrong.

Post by dpacadmin » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:35 pm

Check your configuration.php file to make sure you do not have a Live-Site var pointing to the old domain. Some extensions also store their own domain url, such as Virtuemart.

AlexKaos
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by AlexKaos » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:39 pm

Thanks for your reply dpacadmin. Unfortunately I have checked the configuration.php file and there was nothing there to fix my issue (though I was able to sort out another issue.)
The Joomla I am using was already setup before I started working here so the menu items I mentioned may have been setup separately by the previous user.

Thanks again for your answer.

Alex

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by dpacadmin » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:22 pm

If there is a SEF extension installed they may have set an absolute url for the menu items with the issue. Could also be they have set 301 redirects in a .htaccess file for the menus.

AlexKaos
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by AlexKaos » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:16 pm

Thanks again for your insight dpacadmin,
sorry for taking so long to reply but I have been away.

I have checked in sef.php and associated files, also looked in .htaccess for any clues but have found none so far; I know should be a simple fix as in Firebug I can see that they are set to the old domain and can change it on Firebug so the links go to the new domain. If only I could find where this is done in the back-end.

Is there a way to add new menu items to the backend as this could help steer me in the right direction with regards to this.

Again thanks for your help and quick replies.

Alex

p.s. I can add some screenshots if these will help you understand my issues.

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by dpacadmin » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:00 am

These are menu links in the Admin backend of the site? If so are you using the default admin template? If not try switching to the default admin template and see if that fixes it.

Have you tried Flushing Joomla's Cache, also do a Check-In and delete any expired cache as well. You will find these under the Tools menu. You should also try deleting your browser's Temp Internet files and any cookies for you site and the old domain name as well.

AlexKaos
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by AlexKaos » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:16 pm

Here is a screenshot showing the links in question, I have put a red box around the ones that haven't changed to the new domain. Are these standard links?
I'll have a go at the things you mentioned, though not sure how to do all of them in Joomla.

Thanks again.

Alex
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 1.5”