Issue after migration

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
grbrains
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Issue after migration

Post by grbrains » Thu May 03, 2012 12:46 pm

Hi All,

I recently migrated my site ols server to new server.
After this I can not restore some of my settings.

For example, I have all articles, sections, and categories, and modules on place, but they are not seen on the site. The only menu that is seen is the one marked by default. All the rest are not displayed.

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: Issue after migration

Post by dpacadmin » Fri May 04, 2012 2:36 pm

Could be an issue with the new server's php version. You need Joomla 1.5.15 or higher to be php 5.3 compatible.
Could be a problem with the .htaccess file you were using on the old server not being compatible with the new server,
same goes for a php.ini file if you used one on the old site.
Could be a corrupt or missing file from the transfer, make sure your FTP client is set to Auto mode and if you use FileZilla check the failed transfers box, bottom left, to see if you need to re-upload some files.
Could be a browser cache issue, try deleting your browser temp Internet files and any cookies from your domain.

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 1.5”