copying articles

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
malik lah
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

copying articles

Post by malik lah » Tue May 29, 2012 7:53 am

i have two website using joomla!one is Version 1.5.10 and the other one is Version 1.5.22.I want to transfer all my articles from Version 1.5.10 to Version 1.5.22.does anyone know how to do that?i only need the articles.....please dont tell me i have to copy and paste one by one.....there are 10000 articles in it...from 2005 till now.please give me a solution....

haisham
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: copying articles

Post by haisham » Tue May 29, 2012 8:00 am

why not you try to copy just the table jos_content, first export the table using phpMyadmin or other similar tool and import it back again in table of new website's database

malik lah
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by malik lah » Tue May 29, 2012 8:22 am

im so sorry but i really dont know how to use phpMyadmin .i never did this before.this is my first time.can u give me a tutor on this situation...half of the article i had copy and paste it...but i cant go any further because its too many.

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by dpacadmin » Tue May 29, 2012 11:28 am

Give this extension a try;
Export Content

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 1.5”