Article publish dates not saving in admin after migration.

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
AFemaleProdigy
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Article publish dates not saving in admin after migration.

Post by AFemaleProdigy » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:49 pm

I recently moved from an American host to a European host. I am now having problems with all previously published articles being stuck in "published but pending" status. I have done a lot of research and testing and am at a loss here. This is what I have tried and discovered so far...

v 1.5.26

Articles are all associated with sections and categories. All sections and categories are published.

I am able to make changes to all article content and options, except for date fields.

The article created/start/finish date fields show as blank in admin, even though dates are set in the database. Example: 2010-04-19 15:50:11

If I try to change the dates in admin, the changes are not saved in the database and the fields in admin remain blank.

If I change the date in the database to anything, it does not change the pending status.

If I create a new article and try to set the creation/start/finish dates and then save, the dates in the database show as 0000-00-00 00:00:00

I was reading that it could be a conflict with server time and local time settings. However, I have tried setting my server time to my local setting with php.ini and that did not help. I tried setting joomla time to the same zone as my server location and also my local time, no help. I ran a test to see what the server time was and it says UTC. When I implement the local time in php.ini, the test files says server time is America/New_York. I also tried Europe/Amsterdam. None of that helps. And even if that was the problem, the offset should not be that great. My article start dates were all 2010 with Never finish so they should show as published now.

I can't figure out why these are pending when the start date is so old and no finish date is set. It is also odd to me that trying to change the date/time article settings is not saving to the database. Any help would be appreciated.

AFemaleProdigy
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Article publish dates not saving in admin after migratio

Post by AFemaleProdigy » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:23 am

Changing publish_up field in the database to 0000-00-00 00:00:00 made the articles appear. I am still not able to change the settings via joomla admin.

AFemaleProdigy
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by AFemaleProdigy » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:06 pm

Can anyone help with this?

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by dpacadmin » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:22 pm

You cold try this, backup your database and then do an Optimize and Repair on the database and see if that helps. Do it to all tables;
https://www.siteground.com/tutorials/ph ... tabase.htm

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 1.5”