Calendar.setup: Nothing to setup ERROR when submitting article from front end

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 1.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
adi_2009
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Calendar.setup: Nothing to setup ERROR when submitting art

Post by adi_2009 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:20 pm

bkarthik wrote:Im also having the same problem.. it doesnot occur in localhost. In local it works vvery fine ,no error. but in site cant submit articles it shows in alert box twice.

Code: Select all

Calendar.setup:  
Nothing to setup (no fields found).  Please check your code
Same problem, same error! Whenever I try to edit my site in front-end using Internet Explorer (any version) I get error message:

Nothing to setup (no fields found). Please check your code

Joomla is great software but if end user(s) cant edit their site normally, this is serious problem in Joomla! >:(

flash45
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by flash45 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:09 am

This topic has been here for a year without a straight forward, confirmed fix.

I am getting the same error and would greatly appreciate a solution.

Thanks,

maxnugget
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by maxnugget » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:03 am

I started getting this error while using JCE (the issue disappeared if I switched back to TinyMCE). I found that disabling GZip compression eliminated the problem.

PcqGy8pL
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by PcqGy8pL » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:57 pm

I got this error when changing editors from TinyMCE to XStandard Lite 2.0 and opening an article. Also the J! front end froze.

inspired444
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by inspired444 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:40 pm

Hi folks,
Have we confirmed what he cause is for this error, and a consistent solution?

It happens for me in the back end. I've never tried editing articles in the front end, so can't comment on that.
It can happen when modifying an article, or when creating and saving one for the first time. Just now it even happened in the front end when simply refreshing a page displaying an article (which I'd just modified and wanted to see the changes in the front end).

When it happens the error will appear either 2 or 3 times (varies).
Sometimes the error will continue to occur each time I try to refresh the page, or resubmit the article, etc. Sometimes, however, it just occurs the once and then Joomla behaves itself.
So, it is somewhat random in nature, and therefore it is possible that those of you saying you found a fix, did not in fact find one. You'll have to determine that through further testing if the error was not arising consistently before the fix.

- I use JCE Advanced, and have done for years.
- I use Joomla 1.5.15 on the site with this issue.
- I browse wtih Firefox 3.6 on Linux. (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

I will try a few of the suggestions in this thread, although as this issue is sporadic in nature, it'll be hard to tell what, if anything, has changed/fixed it. Shall see what I can determine.

SamTzu
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by SamTzu » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:00 pm

Looks like something is wrong with the editor window.
By uninstalling this plugin I got rid of the error...
Editor Button - Modules Anywhere

BTW. The error message is just terrible. Who came up with that one?
------------------------------------
SamTzu

abellido
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by abellido » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:59 pm

A mí el conflicto me lo originaba la extensión Oziogallery. Se me ha resuelto todo del siguiente modo:

En los archivos:
/libraries/joomla/html/html/behaviour.php
y
/libraries/joomla/html/html.php

he sustituido la palabra "domready" por la palabra "load"

No me preguntéis por qué. Cogí un poco de aquí y de allí en distintos foros.

Perdón por no poder comunicarme en inglés.

ray_trace
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Calendar.setup: Nothing to setup ERROR when submitting

Post by ray_trace » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:00 am

buatro wrote:you forgot to include this code in your index.php /template

<jdoc:include type="component" />

I'd like to just comment on this since I was stuck on this for a good 4 hours today, even after coming across and reading this thread repeatedly. I had to deal with a little learning curve myself. (I got it eventually figured out)

I also had the calendar error showing up on front-end editing as described above. What I didn't understand is that the front-end WYSIWYG is rendered in <jdoc:include type="component" /> in the template.

Since I had a unique homepage (using articles displayed on the homepage via modules, mod_placehere to be exact), there technically was no "component" on the homepage template (the divs that spit out of my template use conditional PHP statements), so I got the calendar error repeatedly.

Once I added the <jdoc:include type="component" /> into a div that was displayed on the homepage, the error went away.

One anomaly...since I have multiple modules displaying multiple articles on the homepage, and one component, regardless of which edit icon for whichever div you press, the WYSIWYG always shows up in the same place (I put it in the bottom right div), not sure if there's a workaround for this, but I can live with this behavior.

pcbest
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

SOLVED

Post by pcbest » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:48 pm

It is definitely a javascript conflict. I had this issue with Virtuemart. I just changed my virtuemart module to a list instead of JTREE, and all is well.

eagle132
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by eagle132 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:49 am

ray_trace wrote:

I'd like to just comment on this since I was stuck on this for a good 4 hours today, even after coming across and reading this thread repeatedly. I had to deal with a little learning curve myself. (I got it eventually figured out)

I also had the calendar error showing up on front-end editing as described above. What I didn't understand is that the front-end WYSIWYG is rendered in <jdoc:include type="component" /> in the template.

Since I had a unique homepage (using articles displayed on the homepage via modules, mod_placehere to be exact), there technically was no "component" on the homepage template (the divs that spit out of my template use conditional PHP statements), so I got the calendar error repeatedly.

Once I added the <jdoc:include type="component" /> into a div that was displayed on the homepage, the error went away.

One anomaly...since I have multiple modules displaying multiple articles on the homepage, and one component, regardless of which edit icon for whichever div you press, the WYSIWYG always shows up in the same place (I put it in the bottom right div), not sure if there's a workaround for this, but I can live with this behavior.

I know it's been a while since you posted this, but I'm currently having this problem. I also cut away the main component from my homepage and only have a mod_placehere module. However, I do not want to add the <jdoc:include type="component" /> code because then it will display the website's blog, and I don't want this viewed on the homepage.

How can I have the component code in the homepage without it showing until editing is necessary?
Or is there some other workaround to allow editing without the <jdoc:include type="component" /> code on the page?

Thanks!

jcasub
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by jcasub » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:03 am

Change
<jdoc:include type="modules" name="user1" style="raw"/>
for
<jdoc:include type="modules" name="user1" style="xhtml"/>

In the position where there is the login module.
This solves the error for me.

carila
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by carila » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:29 am

I started getting this error while using JCE (the issue disappeared if I switched back to TinyMCE). I found that disabling GZip compression eliminated the problem.
I have the same problem and I believe it was showing the error 4 times before giving me a white screen. I was editing articles in the Joomla Admin, not the frontend. I didn't have to switch back to TinyMCE though. Just turning off Gzip inside JCE did the trick.

crik8
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by crik8 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:26 pm

I have got this error in backend with joomla 1.5.22 with JCE.
I fixed it by checking "yes" on GZip compression in JCE configuration and in Joomla configuration.

zemond
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by zemond » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:43 am

Chances are you are not actually writing the calendar field to the screen.

JHTML::_('calendar','', 'start', 'end', $format = '%d-%m-%Y', array('class'=>'inputbox', 'size'=>'25',  'maxlength'=>'19'));
Make sure you do an echo

echo JHTML::_('calendar','', 'start', 'end', $format = '%d-%m-%Y', array('class'=>'inputbox', 'size'=>'25',  'maxlength'=>'19'));

guvidex
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by guvidex » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:28 am

admin/tools/global check-in and will work again.

hostinggeek
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by hostinggeek » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:13 pm

ray_trace wrote:

I'm having an issue with this. I put the <jdoc:include type="component" /> into a div that was displayed on the homepage, and now it shows component heading in the page. Did i miss something? It throws off modules all over the place in the site too. I pasted the code below. Any help with this would be great.

<div id="bottom">
<?php if($this->countModules('bottomleft')): ?>
<div id="bottomleft">
<jdoc:include type="modules" name="bottomleft" style="xhtml" />
</div>

Thanks,

hostinggeek
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by hostinggeek » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:22 pm

zemond wrote:Chances are you are not actually writing the calendar field to the screen.

JHTML::_('calendar','', 'start', 'end', $format = '%d-%m-%Y', array('class'=>'inputbox', 'size'=>'25',  'maxlength'=>'19'));
Make sure you do an echo

echo JHTML::_('calendar','', 'start', 'end', $format = '%d-%m-%Y', array('class'=>'inputbox', 'size'=>'25',  'maxlength'=>'19'));

Where would you put this? It looks like a good fix, but I'm completely lost as to where to put it. Nothing I've tried works all the way. I'm trying to get mod_placehere to work on the home page, and it gives me the error we're all here for. Did anyone solve this yet?

Skip that. It just throws up a calendar selector box in the module...

hostinggeek
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by hostinggeek » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:45 pm

i just hid the component heading in layout.css and made the problem go away...for now. It's only a bandaid. Still working on fixing the actual problem, if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks,

jennix
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jennix » Sat May 14, 2011 10:55 pm

I finally "fixed" this after futzing with it for a long time. It seems that for those of us who are not suffereing from templates without components in them, where clicking "ok" a couple of times allows the page to work fine (and you're just trying to fix an annoying prompt/error from appearing) I think the "alert" is basically just a pause which allows something else to happen. It's a timing issue, which explains why it works in some browsers but not others... i think. ANYhoo... here's the fix. First, open calendar-setup.js and change this:

* than modifying calendar.js itself).
 */

Calendar.setup=function(params){function param_default(pname,def){if(typeof params[pname]=="undefined"){params[pname]=def;

}};
into this:

* than modifying calendar.js itself).
 */

function afterFiveSeconds(){}
Calendar.setup=function(params){function param_default(pname,def){if(typeof params[pname]=="undefined"){params[pname]=def;

}};
next, find this (or whatever the alert apropos to your error is) :

{alert("Nothing to setup (no fields found).  Please check your code.");
and replace it with this

{setTimeout('afterFiveSeconds()',5000);
Presto. No more annoying prompt, and everything seems to work just fine.

airfreegeo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by airfreegeo » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:04 pm

Enable the System - Mootools Upgrade in the administrator plugin manager this fixed the issue on my project.
OOOlalalalala....

Something For NOThiNg

dj_hardbeat
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dj_hardbeat » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:15 am

airfreegeo wrote:Enable the System - Mootools Upgrade in the administrator plugin manager this fixed the issue on my project.
This worked for me as well! Thanks for sharing!

goodgu
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by goodgu » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:24 am

Hello, I got the same message when I try to regist a new user.
I'm using JA Teline IV on Joomla 1.7.
Please help.

Thanks.

hello6470
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by hello6470 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:44 am

Same error

I have managed to get rid of it for like 1 day after installing the Javascript Calendar, and the forms were looking nice as they should be with user registration etc. but it came but again.

Happens when I or anyone click the registration button to register, then a standard editor shows up just like the article editor (with images, html etc.) when it was working, only the registration fields were shown.

For default when the pop up error is present, I can see a <p><br></p> in the input field, when I click OK on the error, it disappears and the panel with all the editor options shows up.
This happens in IE, Firefox and Chrome, both on loalhost and server

Calendar.setup:
Nothing to setup (no fields found). Please check your code

dgrossu
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dgrossu » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:18 am

Hello, I read all the answers, I inserted the <jdoc:include type="component" />
and it seems that sometimes the message "calendar set-up: Nothing to setup" disappears although when I click on Main Menu and select one topic it shows again. Where exactly should <jdoc:include type="component" /> be inserted. :laugh:

danieltm3
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by danieltm3 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:34 am

What I did was cutout the alert all together, by removing

alert("Calendar.setup:\n Nothing to setup (no fields found). Please check your code");

from "/media/system/js/calendar-setup.js"

:)

yitwail
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by yitwail » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:40 am

Well, this will probably fix everyone's problem. It requires editing a core file,
libraries/joomla/html/html.php

in the version I'm using, it's at line 290, inside function calendar

$document->addScriptDeclaration('window.addEvent(\'domready\', function() {Calendar.setup({
this needs to be changed to:

$document->addScriptDeclaration('window.addEvent(\'load\', function() {Calendar.setup({
It's well known that the domready event does not work reliably in any version of Internet Explorer. It's very disillusioning that a core joomla file attempts to use that event.

If this doesn't fix your problem, you have a component/module/plugin that tries to display a calendar this way, so look for domready & change it to load

mavex
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mavex » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:19 pm

I had the same problem. Solution is pretty simple go into User-Profile plugins settings and change settings for Date of Birth to 'Disabled'.

Not sure if that is a solution for anyone, but it worked for me.

antifmradio
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by antifmradio » Wed May 23, 2012 2:54 pm

mavex wrote:I had the same problem. Solution is pretty simple go into User-Profile plugins settings and change settings for Date of Birth to 'Disabled'.

WHAT?!??!
where do you find this setting?
im trying to follow the wording you used and im just not getting it

Goto the Jomsocial User area in admin?
or Joomla user area in admin
and find what under plugins? because that particular method doesnt exist

MikeEllis
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by MikeEllis » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:31 pm

I have recently encountered this problem on a J1.7 system. I have trawled the forum and it seems this issue is triggered by many different things.

The one approach I tried which seems to solve the problem is turning off caching in Global Configuration but this is not a sustainable approach.

I guess the answer is to upgrade to 2.5.

But if anyone does have an answer tothis then I would welcome the information?.

Regards

mike

antifmradio
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by antifmradio » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:03 pm

antifmradio wrote:
mavex wrote:I had the same problem. Solution is pretty simple go into User-Profile plugins settings and change settings for Date of Birth to 'Disabled'.

WHAT?!??!
where do you find this setting?
im trying to follow the wording you used and im just not getting it

Goto the Jomsocial User area in admin?
or Joomla user area in admin
and find what under plugins? because that particular method doesnt exist

well mavex
do you plan on telling us anything related to this because i have checked with other joomla users and this just does not exist

Return to “Administration 1.5”