After migration, categories panel gives error 500!

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 1.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
banerjen
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

After migration, categories panel gives error 500!

Post by banerjen » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:44 pm

Hello,

I recently migrated my Joomla 1.5 hosting from a Windows server to a Linux server. I exported and imported the databases and I copied all the Joomla files. Changed the configuration.php file and everything on the website is working fine. But in the administrator page when I go to the Category Manager, it gives me an error. Article Manager works fine though and the data is correct because my website is working correctly.

500 - **An error has occurred.**
**View not found [name, type, prefix]: categories, html, categoriesView**

It was working fine on my earlier hosting server. Any clues as to how I might fix it? I was going through forum articles and found that this could be related to some filename issues.

Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jcms
I've been banned!

Re: After migration, categories panel gives error 500!

Post by jcms » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:47 pm

- check php version of new server
- set error_reporting to maximum in configuration.php file and see more

banerjen
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by banerjen » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:16 pm

I did set error reporting to maximum. My webpages display fine. It is just in the administrator panel where the Category View doesn't work. The php version is 5.4 in the new server. Don't know the old one though, but given time I should be able to find out. Any ideas from the errors above?

**View not found [name, type, prefix]: categories, html, categoriesView**
Call stack
# Function Location
1 JAdministrator->dispatch() JROOT/administrator/index.php:46
2 JComponentHelper::renderComponent() JROOT/administrator/includes/application.php:153
3 JComponentHelper::executeComponent() JROOT/libraries/joomla/application/component/helper.php:351
4 require_once() JROOT/libraries/joomla/application/component/helper.php:383
5 JController->execute() JROOT/administrator/components/com_categories/categories.php:18
6 CategoriesController->display() JROOT/libraries/joomla/application/component/controller.php:761
7 JController->getView() JROOT/administrator/components/com_categories/controller.php:74
8 JError::raiseError() JROOT/libraries/joomla/application/component/controller.php:903
9 JError::raise() JROOT/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:251

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:45 pm

Are you running 1.5.26 of Joomla?

Return to “Administration 1.5”