Remove /index.php/ in SEF URL:s?

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 1.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
anniebee
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Remove /index.php/ in SEF URL:s?

Post by anniebee » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:42 pm

Well shame on me for not reading this sooner - I hope this helps someone else who has this problem.

I changed htaccess.txt back to .htaccess and on line 20 I added a "#" in front of this line:

Options +FollowSymLinks

Of course, there at the top it says not only to do this if I get an error, but also to make sure to read that before editing. I'm an idiot!

tokenring
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by tokenring » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:05 pm

hey anniebee. Are you sure we are experiencing the same issue? Right now I have two.

if I turn on mod_rewrite in the control panel, no page comes up except the homepage.
if I add those lines of code about 3 posts up + having mod_rewrite = off every link on the site just takes you to the homepage.

let me know if you are experiencing that or not. I might be able to help you a bit, but I'm still waiting for help on those above.

TokenRing

anniebee
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by anniebee » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:02 pm

I was having a problem where I turned that on and my URLs no longer had index.php but every menu option took me to the homepage and actually not just the homepage of the subfolder I was building the Joomla page in but the overall site homepage. In any case, I just wanted to mention what fixed it for me. Sorry if it doesn't help you.

tokenring
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by tokenring » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:10 pm

no no no... this is good. if you didn't write here, it would be a ghost town. I appreciate your help and hopefully we both can close these issues.

kind of sad that no one will really help out.

WNDesigns
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by WNDesigns » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:22 pm

Hello everyone,

I as well now face this issue on a few sites.

I have renamed the .htaccess.txt to .htaccess
I have changed to use url rewriting

When site first loads it shows menu navigation all with index.php in url. When I click on About us for example. It will load then all the navigation show to sitename/about us and page not found.

I am scouring to get my site working again, if anyone has any other advise other than what is listed I could use some help.

Thanks,

James

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by dpacadmin » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:37 pm

Do you have all the SEF settings enabled in the Joomla settings? Have you tried flushing the Joomla cache and doing a Check-in? Have you tried deleting your browser's temp Internet files? Do you have any SEF extensions installed? Have you tried the modifications mentioned in the htaccess file for sites where the default file doesn't work?

Return to “Administration 1.5”