ADMIN LOGIN not working -Please help

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 1.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
jekkil
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: ADMIN LOGIN not working -Please help

Post by jekkil » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:25 pm

same for me, step by step!
I had asked the system admin to change the php.ini so that i could upload larger files for the rsgallery, and well after a stupid mistake of clearing the db through the config panel of rsgallery, i decided to remove it ...that's where the pb started to show up. so i am not sure if it is the changes in the php.ini file or thefact that i messed around with rsgallery.

more to come on this subject.....

jekkil
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jekkil » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:14 pm

OK PROBLEM SOLVED!
But......
it had NOTHING to do with all the problems mentioned in the other post, not one of them!
SO , before accusing the joomla devs of not doing their job ( for free, dont forget!), jsut look at whatever one messes up so easily:
I had asked my webhosting service administrator to change the php.ini file to allow greater uploads capacities for the rsgallery, which he did instantly....and as soon as i loged out of my joomla admin, the problems came up!

I did not make the junctions, since at the same time i messed up the whole rsgallery database with the debug option (DON'T TOUCH THAT ....THING!!)
so i thought that was the cause.

I followed all the instructions on how to change the db withthe phpMyadmin, (http://www.joomlaspan.com/general/recov ... joomla.php) but nothing helped.
at least i asked to put backthe php.ini to its normal state, and HALLELUYA!! i can go back to my admin, but not without taking back all the changes of the db (you know, the id from 25 to 26 and so forth...) because if you do not do that, you cannot create a superadmin!

anyway, i hope this helps the community, if u have any questions, don't hesitate to aks!

thanks to all for all the suggestions anyway.

mtfoley
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by mtfoley » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:07 am

rikarika wrote:
EUREKA! This site helped me: http://www.joomlaspan.com/general/recov ... joomla.php

(Scroll down before doing anything, because if you're like me, mine was the second problem they described. Simple fix in the database).

Hope this helps!

Thanks rikarika. This did it for me.

FM41
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by FM41 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:05 pm

I have two Joomla sites, and one is working and the other won't let me in. I have tried all the suggestions and still can't get in.

I installed a new template, but that isn't the problem. The Superadmin is 26 now and not 25 - Joomla 1.5 - and the other configurations within the database all follow suite as to what they are supposed to be.

I have completely shut down my computer and restarting up again, opened up IE, FF, Safari to see if I could log into any of these browsers, no such hope in that.

For some reason there are quite a few that are having the same problem around the same date. Is this the bug?

I am completely mystified by this and would appreciate anyone help.

Freedom - well trying now to be free. :(

bettybo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by bettybo » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:38 am

I have a problem with login admin is locking me out. I am trying to fix had the moment. This might refer to someones problems. Check this link http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=432&t=230114

I really dont know much about code. Would prefer to find someone to fix these problems. Would save me alot of time. I would pay them? Any ideas.
Would prefer someone local to Australia, last couple guys I had fix things weren't very good. 8)

akkdio
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by akkdio » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:53 am

well, I tried it all and still nothing. Sucks

-Ta-
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by -Ta- » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:25 pm

Hi Joomlas,

I had the same problem, I just use admin as my username and the same password that I use to log to my site and it work.

Have A Nice Day

Ta

JoelMachado
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by JoelMachado » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:46 pm

Found a posible solution,,,,,!

The problem
I was unable to log in to joomla i will get the error

User name and password do not match!

Warning: curl_setopt() [function.curl-setopt]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when in safe_mode or an open_basedir is set in /plugins/authentication/gmail.php on line 66

Solution
Log on to myphp admin
browse to table Authentication Joomla, edit the table under publish to read 1 and not 0
also check that the table user joomla also is 1 and not 0

possible cause!
On the back end of joomla, if you unpublished the authentication plug-ins these will happen, thats the only way i can re-create the error

tanjuska
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by tanjuska » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:54 pm

I have the same problem. Joomla worked fine with MAMP, until I transformed my site to the server. When I try to log into the admin panel no error-messages are shown, only refreshing the page every time I try to log in. I have Joomla 1.5.14.

I have tried everything. I change my password and user name by phpadmin. I put the site and database again to the server. I set the $live_site and $lifetime variables in the configuration.php file and anything else what you here had suggested. Nothing works!

Can anybody solve that problem?

PremierPC
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by PremierPC » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:15 am

I found a fix... Somehow two plugins got disabled when messing with some redirects for Jomsocial Logins. I changed the 0 to 1 under published entry in under "User -Joomla!" and Authentication - Joomla plugins found in the `jos_plugins` table in mysqladmin.

hopefully this helps.

Jason

zincmarketing
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by zincmarketing » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:09 pm

I have "username and password do not match' over and over, no matter what. I changed the password in the database (no luck), added a New Super Administrator (no luck) I went step by step and followed directions according to http://docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_recov ... assword%3F
I have read about updates and patches... but no sure fire fix.
I have come across this problem before and the above worked, but now... I am at a loss. I can't edit my clients site, much less update or add users if i can't get into the admin back end. What scares me more is that this seems to be an unsolved problem that can happen at any time to my other sites.
Has anyone had ANY new info or advice on this?

JoelMachado
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by JoelMachado » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:17 am

JoelMachado wrote:Found a posible solution,,,,,!

The problem
I was unable to log in to joomla i will get the error

User name and password do not match!

Warning: curl_setopt() [function.curl-setopt]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when in safe_mode or an open_basedir is set in /plugins/authentication/gmail.php on line 66

Solution
Log on to myphp admin
browse to table Authentication Joomla, edit the table under publish to read 1 and not 0
also check that the table user joomla also is 1 and not 0

possible cause!
On the back end of joomla, if you unpublished the authentication plug-ins these will happen, thats the only way i can re-create the error
Did you guys read my post? try that!

netdragon
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by netdragon » Sun May 22, 2011 3:51 pm

The instructions for resetting pass on jos_users didn't work, however when I applied those instructions to the Super Administrator user in bak_users, it worked. This was a username created in admin previously, but strangely also had the id "62". I also had an admin user in jos_users, however that one didn't work no matter how many times I tried resetting the pass. Joomla 1.4

libby
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by libby » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:11 pm

I had the same problem but my solution was a little different. I had to 'unpublish' Authentication - OpenID - make it 0 in the jos_plugins table.

Libby

abdulla234
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by abdulla234 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:57 pm

i can't log in from the front or backend i have tried everything but nothing seems to work !! help plz...

jujubach
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by jujubach » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:04 pm

libby wrote:I had the same problem but my solution was a little different. I had to 'unpublish' Authentication - OpenID - make it 0 in the jos_plugins table.

Libby

Hey

your solution worked for me!
Thank you. :D

tammytammy
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by tammytammy » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:06 pm

SOLVED !!!! :)

I tried every ways and it couldn't figure out what happened to back-end log in until I found a few post regarding they were trying to back-up via FTP. My customer did that too FTP via browser and a few days later the site couldn't log in.

Until I found one post from HighPerForAudio.......
http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 7&start=30

I told my hosting to restore the site back to the date before FTP back-up. As soon as I got email from him to inform finishing restoring, I never tried the right password. I started try with the wrong user and and password. Immediately, you know when I saw it showed as an error warning 'wrong password' I feel like I want to scream out loud because before it never showed anything just log-in page keep refreshing. I stucked with this whole week and tried all things people posted on many forums.

After it showed, wrong password, just go through the _user and set new password in phpMyAdmin.

Hope you guys are lucky same as me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It's all about your wish to give it a go or let it go :)
Cheers !

venusdurbino
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by venusdurbino » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:00 pm

TammyTammy - worked for me - reset the admin password. :D

Return to “Administration 1.5”