Same steps to edit. Different results.

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 1.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
john-doe
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Same steps to edit. Different results.

Post by john-doe » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:16 pm

Greetings.

I come here to explain a case i'm having with a customer.

We have a joomla site with the engine 1.5.26.

The client needs to embed [youtube] videos. So i enabled the script an iframe on the TinyMCE settings.

The iframe doesnt work so is now required to embred the old embed code. I paste it into html of the editor. I save the article and the video appears.

I told the steps to my customer and he mentions that he did them and he doesnt see the video after he pasted it.

We had a skype conference to see what he was doing and he did EXACTLY the same steps i did to embed the video to the article, with the only difference that to him the article doesnt have the video embedded and appears to him WITHOUT CODE!.

I asked him if he could try the same steps in aonther browser, he did it in chrome, the same steps with the same result, no video after saving the article.

I ask if someone had something similar because i don't know how to answer to the customer seeing that is not a joomla issue since if it was that the case i experiment that in similar way leading to find another solution.

thanks in advance
www.aldemar-hernandez.com - Custom templates and design services.

EivindJ
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Same steps to edit. Different results.

Post by EivindJ » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:35 am

This might have to do with different user rights, as I assume you were logged in with different users?
Trond Eivind Johnsen

[ lei en Joomla!-ekspert på www.exentra.no ]

john-doe
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by john-doe » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:03 pm

Might be, since i am the super user and my client is an administrator. I have to check the user rights in that case. I'll try to see if i can modify them if posible. If no i'll upgrade him to super user
www.aldemar-hernandez.com - Custom templates and design services.

huyenspa
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by huyenspa » Wed May 07, 2014 10:12 am

I want developing the joomla version, thati's userfull!

Return to “Administration 1.5”