Moved site from one directory to public html... now errors.

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 1.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
eonprez
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Moved site from one directory to public html... now errors.

Post by eonprez » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:55 pm

I moved a website nkyfamily.com from the /new directory where it was installed to the public html directory. I did this through cpanel and Filezille. After the file moves were complete, I update the configuration file and the .htaccess files...

The site is not loading and when I try to access the admin panel it's going to some installation URL.

Help?!

-Brett

matt777
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Moved site from one directory to public html... now erro

Post by matt777 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:27 pm

Did you move the URL over to the website as well. Some time if you transferring the URL it can take a while to register with the hosting company.
Eastern Odyssey | http://www.easternodyssey.com The Definitive Guide to Asia

eonprez
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by eonprez » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:41 pm

We didn't change servers or domain hosts. It was a simple file transfer from one directory to another on the same server. Specifically, "new" was a directory in the public_html folder. I just moved all the contents of "new" to "public_html" then I made the changes to the configuration.php file and updated the .htaccess file. The Nameservers didn't change.

eonprez
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by eonprez » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:48 pm

Ok... So my web host company help me get the site's root document back in line, but now the page is all wonky, I'm getting 404's on ALL of my pages and I can't do ANYTHING in the admin side of the joomla. I'm not able to select any of my menu options. Help?!

Return to “Administration 1.5”