Registration E-mail Missing information ?

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 1.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
barneybeardsall
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Registration E-mail Missing information ?

Post by barneybeardsall » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:16 pm

Hi,
As a super administrator I am able to add users to the registered users.. however I have been testing this and found a small bug or maybe I haven't located the place to enter this data.. basically if I register a user, they get the email as follows..

Hello "User Name"

You have been added as a User to  by an Administrator.

This e-mail contains your username and password to log in to http://www.domainname.co.uk/

Please do not respond to this message as it is automatically generated and is for information purposes only.

However surely there is data missing... please see below..
Hello "User Name"

You have been added as a User to "Missing Domain Name or Site Name" by an Administrator.

This e-mail contains your username and password to log in to http://www.domainname.co.uk/

Please do not respond to this message as it is automatically generated and is for information purposes only.

Maybe I'm missing something...!

Thankyou for your help.

moooh
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Registration E-mail Missing information ?

Post by moooh » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:22 am

In Global Configuration at your backend there is a field called "Site name". This is from where the message in the mail takes the site name. Make sure that you have filled it in properly.

barneybeardsall
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Registration E-mail Missing information ?

Post by barneybeardsall » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:10 pm

moooh wrote:In Global Configuration at your backend there is a field called "Site name". This is from where the message in the mail takes the site name. Make sure that you have filled it in properly.
Excellent... missed that entry.... thankyou for your quick response.

Return to “Administration 1.5”