Modules in Registration Page

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 1.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
pizzico00
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Modules in Registration Page

Post by pizzico00 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:47 am

How I can show modules in the Registration Page, perpetually?!

To better undestrand I show to you an exemple:
http://customers.speaking-central.com/

If you click on "Create an account" (from the standard Joomla Login Module) you will see only the registration form and no modules.

P.S.: I tryed to create a direct link (Menu Item Type: Internal Link -> User -> Default Registration Layout) to the Registration Page... it works!
... but when I click on "Create an account" (from the standard Joomla Login Module) I still see only the registration form and no modules.

baldguy
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Modules in Registration Page

Post by baldguy » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:21 pm

I don't know if this is the "best" or "right" way to do this, but it works. Use a template override.

Copy the default.php from here:

/modules/mod_login/tmpl/default.php

to here:

templates/[yourtemplatename]/html/mod_login/default.php

Notice in your site what page has the module layout you would like. Note the Itemid=xx at the end of the url (or Itemid=1 for the home page). Edit the newly moved default.php file. At around line 66 you'll see this line:

<a href="<?php echo JRoute::_( 'index.php?option=com_user&task=register' ); ?>">

Change it to this:

<a href="<?php echo JRoute::_( 'index.php?option=com_user&task=register&Itemid=xx' ); ?>">

making sure to replace the xx with the itemid number you want to use. Save it, and you should be good to go.

For help with template overrides, look here: http://docs.joomla.org/How_to_override_ ... omla!_core

Hope that works for you!!

Return to “Administration 1.5”