Access level help

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 1.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
jamin123
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Access level help

Post by jamin123 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:40 pm

i have installed the joomla on godday using your application wizard and now i want that the person who so ever register to my site get a confirmation mail to activate his account and also when
some one try to send article link that is a common feature in joomla on top of every article, i get the message that email couldn't be sent.
i would like to tell you the mail setting that i have in {control panel>>global configuration>>server>>mail settings}
firstly when i have set the mail setting as following

Mailer= PHP Mail Function
Mail from= [email protected]
From name=Step Into Web Software Pvt. Ltd.
Sendmailpath=/usr/sbin/sendmail
SMTP Authentication=NO
SMTP Username=
SMTP Password=
SMTP Host=localhost

now when i try to send the mail i get
"

* Could not instantiate mail function.
* Could not instantiate mail function.

Your account has been created and an activation link has been sent to the e-mail address you entered. Note that you must activate the account by clicking on the activation link when you get the e-mail before you can login.
"
but no email is sent

secondly when i change my mail setting to
Mailer= SendMail
SMTP Authentication=NO
SMTP Username=
SMTP Password=
SMTP Host=localhost

i get no error as last time and get this message
"Your account has been created and an activation link has been sent to the e-mail address you entered. Note that you must activate the account by clicking on the activation link when you get the e-mail before you can login."

but again no mail sent!!!!!!!

lastly when i chanage my setting to
Mailer= SMTP SERVER
SMTP Authentication=NO
SMTP Username=
SMTP Password=
SMTP Host=localhost

I get
"

* [email protected]
* [email protected]

Your account has been created and an activation link has been sent to the e-mail address you entered. Note that you must activate the account by clicking on the activation link when you get the e-mail before you can login.
"
No mail sent
when i do
Mailer= SMTP SERVER
SMTP Authentication=YES
SMTP Username=[email protected]
SMTP Password=********8**
SMTP Host=mail.google.com

i get
"

* SMTP Error! Could not connect to SMTP host.
* SMTP Error! Could not connect to SMTP host.

but no mail sent....

I have installed joomla in a folder named studentsarea in my root folder of my domain

Now when i repeat all this step by putting the relay server address i.e "relay-hosting.secureserver.net" in the SMTP host field
i get the errors in the same way

Return to “Administration 1.5”