Core related articles not working

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 1.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
systeman
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Core related articles not working

Post by systeman » Wed May 20, 2009 9:34 am

Hi,

This is the first time I've tried to use the Joomla 1.5 core Related Articles module that ships with Joomla 1.5.

The problem I have is that all I can see is an empty place holder for the module, there are no links displaying at all.

All pages on the website have meta tags for the usual title, keywords, description etc. As far as SEO goes, the website is positioned in first place on the first page of all the major search engines for at least 6 or more highly relevant search terms

I've tried publishing the module to various positions but with the same result. Also tried it with and without the title.

Setup:

Joomla 1.5.10
Joomla 1.5 SEF Patch

Core SEF enabled

Any ideas, anyone?

Regards.

ranwilli
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Core related articles not working

Post by ranwilli » Wed May 20, 2009 12:40 pm

It's great you HAVE meta keywords, but there must be literal matches between the keywords in two or more articles for the related module to work...

eg:

Golf, Golf
Don't HACK the Joomla! core, Instead "Extend" and/or "Override."
Stay ON the update path.
https://harpervance.com

Return to “Administration 1.5”