Unable to login after resetting Admin Password in PhpMyAdmin

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 1.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
blooink
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Unable to login after resetting Admin Password in PhpMyAdmin

Post by blooink » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:11 pm

How do I download the Tables?
Blootrax Underground Radio - Broadcasting 24 hours a day 365 days a year!
http://www.blootrax.co.cc

parkerj
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by parkerj » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:23 pm

Hold one for a sec.

parkerj
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by parkerj » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:29 pm

When you go to your database in question, at the top, click Export; under options to the right, you will see "Structure," under Structure, click the ADD Drop TABLE . . ., then scroll to the bottom and you will see "Save File" and check it. Lastly hit the go button, and a save file window should pop up; save it to your desktop. Use an html editor or notepad to only view it. Look at the first table and make sure that there is a DROP table command followed by a CREATE table command. It that checks out, then your SQL dump was successful.

parkerj
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by parkerj » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:56 pm

Let me know if you need up with anything if it does not turn out the way you were hoping. You should get your site up and running first before trying to upload some of the tables from your backup. I will be back online later this evening. Just PM me.

mariusvr
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by mariusvr » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:40 pm

Wow, that is a hassle trying to reinstall deleted core tables.

Next time, you can disable JFusion by clicking on the 'disable plugins" in the JFusion component cpanel. Or if you uninstall the jFusion component (through the Joomla install/uninstall menu), jfusion will automatically disable its plugins and re-enable the default Joomla plugins.

You probably know by now that you should never start deleting tables or files manually to remove programs.

Thanks, Marius
JFusion is a revolutionary new universal user integration tool for Joomla. Visit http://www.jfusion.org for more details.

blooink
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by blooink » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:15 pm

ok ive reinstalled the website and instructed it to backup the old tables! Its worked fine but none of my original content is now available!
How do I pull my old content back in to the site and how to I re enable the components, modules, plugs etc?
Blootrax Underground Radio - Broadcasting 24 hours a day 365 days a year!
http://www.blootrax.co.cc

treebeard
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by treebeard » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:13 am

OMG. I'm having the same issue. blooink, were you able to get your site back up and running?
I was trying to install webJobs, and they didn't provide any support, in fact, they hung up on me in the middle of a conversation (live chat) because it was time for them to go home for the day. So I tried to continue, but it broke the site and I saw the same error when trying to log in. The frontend looks fine, but the login is broken. Any luck??? (so much for commercial extensions - sticking with free ones from now on!!!)

Return to “Administration 1.5”