Backend components page goes blank

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 1.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
brynk
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Backend components page goes blank

Post by brynk » Thu May 13, 2010 7:11 pm

I have a Joomla 1.5.15 installation on a Windows Server with XAMP. I do not have access to the server (Yikes).

The frontend seems fine but some components (not all components) on the back end have a peculiar behavior.

If you select the component from the drop down menu in the backend the component will load but then if you select a menu item from within the component the screen will go blank. Using Mozilla Firefox and IS 8.

Not all components act this way but Moset, Community Builder, Xptplorer are some of the culprits.

Is this a rights issue or User issue? I recently restored the files and database for the client due to a data corruption problem and am wondering if maybe when I uploaded files the ownership changed and therefore Apache/XAMP is barking then typing to write temporary files?

No error messages showing so any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Bob Rynkiewicz

Return to “Administration 1.5”