Problem with my FAQ page

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 1.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
ladyorelinde
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Problem with my FAQ page

Post by ladyorelinde » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:27 pm

I have set up Joomla sites before, I have also set up FAQ pages before by creating a FAQ section and category then using the article/category setting for a new article. It has always worked before. This is the problem I'm getting now:::

I put in a few faq's and their answers, I set the category and section and publish them. When I check the faq's page on the menu, all I get are the blank lines showing the numbers of the articles. The questions don't show up and they are not clickable.

However, when I assign my faq's to the front page, they show up there. I don't understand what it is that I'm missing.

I'm using the Yootheme Shuffle template and am wondering if it's some default programming or if it's just my own error.

Can someone please help me? Thanks

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Problem with my FAQ page

Post by imanickam » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:17 pm

Try creating a new menu item of type Category List/Blog Layout and see what happens. Do not change any parameters except the Section/Category selection. See what happens.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

ladyorelinde
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ladyorelinde » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:23 pm

Wow! That worked! Howcome I needed to do it that way? I always used the article/category selection. Thank you so much....I would have been searching for hours! :)

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by imanickam » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:33 pm

I am glad that things worked. If time permits probably you can compare the parameter settings in both and see what happened. Also, review the html code generated between the pages generated from the previous menu item and the current menu items. I personally find these kinds of exercises reinforce the understanding of the working of the product.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

Return to “Administration 1.5”