Want users to be able to edit only a few sections.

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 1.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Bortas
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Want users to be able to edit only a few sections.

Post by Bortas » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:32 am

Hello-

I'm trying to setup my company's site in such a way that certain users (ie: supervisors) will be able to edit ONLY A FEW pages (ie: schedules), but not able to edit every page on the site.

Unless I've misssed it, this isn't possible - can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks for your help!

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Want users to be able to edit only a few sections.

Post by toivo » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:35 am

Joomla 1.6, when it emerges from the alpha and beta test phases, will have that functionality. If you cannot wait, there are extensions in the Joomla Extension Directory (JED), free and commercial, that may have this functionality. I have used JACLPlus Pro which is a non-GPL commercial extension (available from Byostech) and which allows you to set up custom access levels and additional usergroups. The access groups can also be extended to sections and categories and editing.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Bortas
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Want users to be able to edit only a few sections.

Post by Bortas » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:07 am

Excellent, I will check out that software. I'm not known for my patience, any words on when we'll see 1.6?

Return to “Administration 1.5”