Joomla Registration - Enable Created Account Message?

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 1.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
bkmjoomla
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Joomla Registration - Enable Created Account Message?

Post by bkmjoomla » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:17 pm

Hi Folks,

Before posting our specific issue, where can we find a great tutorial on setting up Joomla Registration for 1.5.13? Thanks for the help.

Now, we need to fix some overdue issues on existing sites, and also configure a new site.

Our current issue is how do you enable the functionality of the top of the page blue message represented by this screen shot from the joomla demo?

This message is displayed after creating an account, and the user is redirected from the registration page to the frontpage with this created account confirmation message at the top of the otherwise standard frontpage layout.

We've played with global configuration and the login module, but can not figure it out. An even more unclear issue is how global configuration, login module and the user menu interact with each other. Again, a top notch and current tutorial on this topic would be most helpful.

Thanks in advance for your help. Much appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rossf
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Joomla Registration - Enable Created Account Message?

Post by rossf » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:33 am

bkmjoomla wrote:Our current issue is how do you enable the functionality of the top of the page blue message represented by this screen shot from the joomla demo?
The template you're using likely doesn't have the include for these system messages. Add the following line to the index.php file in the directory of the template you use (e.g. templates/TEMPLATE_NAME/index.php)

Code: Select all

<jdoc:include type="message" />

bkmjoomla
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by bkmjoomla » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:47 am

Thank you.

You are right about the template not having the code.

Added your code, but it is adding "Message" before the default text "Your account has..."

Also, does anybody have a list of all the standard messages regarding the registration and activation process, and where you find them? I have seen three different messages so far...

EDIT Ok, found the .ini file that has the system message files. There's lot's of them.

Does anyone know if there are any additional types of messages other than "message" and "error"? Trying to get our arms around this thing.

Thanks in advance.

ricklisle
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ricklisle » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:07 pm

bkmjoomla I had the same problem as you, which is now resolved thanks to your post, but....
I've had a good look and I can't find the .ini file which has all the messages in. Where is it?

Thanks in advance.

bkmjoomla
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by bkmjoomla » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:40 pm

Not sure if you ever found the file.

Off hand, I don't remember, but orginally found the file through one of the posts on this forum.

Sorry I don't have more.

Return to “Administration 1.5”