help .... i hope

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 1.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
khryss
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

help .... i hope

Post by khryss » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:27 pm

ok i was making a site with joomla in december, then my work load went huge and it went by the wayside. Now i need to pick up where i left off, ive lost the link to the admin side of the website due to a operating system reinstall, also the password to that. is there any way to recover these things?
and if not how do i start over making the same website?

abernyte
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: help .... i hope

Post by abernyte » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:38 pm

Hi,

You can access the Administration login page at www.yoursite.com/administrator but that is of little use if you do not remember the user name and password!

If you have access to phpMyadmin you can reset your passowrd or make yourself a new super admin user.

http://docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_recov ... assword%3F
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." Thomas Paine

khryss
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by khryss » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:59 pm

ok none of that works as it wont let me in to phpmyadmin .... so how do i start over from scratch just delete everything from the folder where i installed joomla and reinstall?

abernyte
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by abernyte » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:04 pm

Why can't you access phpMyAdmin? You do not access that via joomla but from the host control panel, or do you not have the database password either?

Yes, to start over delete the site files and database and upload a fresh copy of Joomla 1.5.18 and install again.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." Thomas Paine

khryss
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by khryss » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:10 pm

because for some reason phpMyAdmin wont take the password i have been givin from the boss

khryss
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by khryss » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:15 pm

it was using our OLD password ,..... thanks for your hrlp i got it

abernyte
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by abernyte » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:23 pm

Good. Glad you are on the way to being fixed.

Return to “Administration 1.5”